• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

🗣️ Community A lesser spotted Update!

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
Umbrella Online is going to go through a bit of a rebuilding process in 2024. It's clear that the project needs more of a purpose and focus moving forwards..

Discussions are currently ongoing as to exactly what that may entail, but suffice to say that efforts will be more streamlined so that we best serve the community as whole.

Watch this space, changes aren't going to be immediate but rather a gradual process.

Work is currently well underway on the first round of updates I plan on introducing soon™
  • A brand new style
  • A simplified, better integrated Wiki
  • User badges

Whilst I'm itching to share the new style with you all, it's not quite ready yet.. it doesn't play nice with the old Wiki (which is kind of our bread and butter), and will require certain functionalities intended only for the old style to be deactivated - for this reason amongst others, I don't plan keeping it as a selectable option.

A new design is something I've been considering for probably over a year - but have only recently been satisfied with one that I deem to be "worthy" of replacing the existing style.

The new style has been live for 3 weeks now, and I'm very pleased with how things are looking.

Work is ongoing with the Wiki, I'm currently redoing all of the Resident Evil 2 (1998) locations before moving on to finishing the transition of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (where the locations also want redoing) - honestly @jamesyfx, how on earth did you manage to do what you've done with the old Wiki?! Feels like it's taking me ages 😂

Initial testing of the new User badges is underway, though its priority is quite low in comparison. We know there are performance issues with the old Wiki - it seems to be a compatibility thing with PHP8 which is what has primarily driven the change.

The new version of the Wiki is now live, and is loading much faster. Work is ongoing to update and transfer the content.

I've started with and have finished transitioning a couple of the older games to give us an idea of how things work;

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back