• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

The last gaming purchase you regretted

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Either a console, accessory, game or subscription.

My most regretful purchase recently was Starfield. I bought the deluxe edition on Steam just so that I could play it a week early. And while that WAS a good week - that's all. After a week, I saw through the cracks and I'd had enough of it. And by that time the game was released on Game Pass, which I subscribe to anyway. So I could have just waited and played it for free (aside from the subscription cost).

So.. I felt like I had spent all that cash to play a game for 1 week. :crying_eyes_out:

Probably an original Xbox console.. I picked it up on a whim back in September, but I've hardly touched it since it arrived.

On the plus side, it's had the capacitors replaced as well as a good clean inside and out, and I did manage to successfully softmod it. Perhaps if/when I have a bit more free time to do a bit more with it, I'll feel better about it.

Probably one of the WWE games. All the horror games I got over the past few years were not particularly regrettable purchases. More so just mediocre.

Normally I am so far behind on my game list that I have plenty of time for reviews and such to come out to prevent bad purchases. I also haven't preordered a game that was Destiny 2 DLC in years, so that helps. I could say Call of Duty, but I buy it yearly with the expectation it will be worse each year, so I really can't say I'm disappointed as it normally just goes as planned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back