• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Parler

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
Has anyone heard of this new social media network?

It's more privacy focused than Facebook, feels like twitter, and is already gaining some traction. I'm quite tempted to sign up myself..

Just thought I'd mention that Parler is now all over the news.. for the wrong reasons.

Google have removed it from their Play store and Amazon have now removed it from their hosting service.. which means it could disappear. Apple have also removed it from their App Store.

I'm assuming they will find hosting somewhere. I find it weird that a service promoting free speech wasn't actually hosted on their own private servers! I guess something like this was bound to happen if nothing on there was checked.

Has anyone heard of this new social media network?

It's more privacy focused than Facebook, feels like twitter, and is already gaining some traction. I'm quite tempted to sign up myself..
It may not sell your data but I would not trust my data with the type of people that have created the platform. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to move over to their own servers

Yikes, I totally wasn't aware.. It doesn't sound like a social media platform I particularly want to be connecting with! 😅

Just read up on one such news article.. I think I'm going to move this thread.

Well I can see the problem was the platform was based on that, free speech. Free speech is a United States amendment right but it's another thing to make a site sole based on that and could lead to hate speech.

I've removed the "share" option with Parler for now.. Not that the platform is back up and running yet anyway.

The more I've read and heard about the people involved with and who are largely present on the platform, the less comfortable I feel about it.. It sounds like a school where all of the expelled students get sent to.

I'm on Parler.

That being said I'm not the type of person that the media has said uses Parler except that I'm Conservative. I am not part of some uprising or an instigator. I think that maybe people need to see for themselves what the platform is about instead of trusting what the media says.

I'm not going to join the platform but I've seen enough of the content to know that the platform isn't a great one. Of course, every platform has bad apples but when a platform doesn't do anything about it and sort of encourages the crap that is posted there, it's not a good look

I'm on Parler.

That being said I'm not the type of person that the media has said uses Parler except that I'm Conservative. I am not part of some uprising or an instigator. I think that maybe people need to see for themselves what the platform is about instead of trusting what the media says.
I've seen for myself and it is still a no from me 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back