• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Online Dating

Alexander.

Reaction score
Has anybody tried dating online? What websites do you use? Any luck? I have signed up for Tinder and Plenty of Fish but nothing yet. Hopefully, my time will come and I'll find the right partner to spend the rest of my life with.

I met my wife on Facebook, does that count? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know what online dating is like these days, I think it's more about looks than anything else as it's quite difficult to get to know someone purely online I think - especially with apps like Tinder that only matches you if you both like the look of each other.

Aaages ago I met my current partner through plenty of fish. I wouldn't say we were your typical people on there - and we didn't decide to date straight away. We spoke as friends for many years and had relationships with others before the stars aligned and we decided to get together properly.

I met one of my ex-girlfriends through an online forum.. I can't remember exactly which forum, and how it happened - we just clicked when talking on MSN.

I've recently signed up to eHarmony, but despite chatting to a couple of people I don't really feel that I've properly clicked with anyone yet.. 🤷‍♂️

Met my wife through Tinder. She's incredible but it can feel like an arduous process. I went through a period of actively using Tinder, deleting it, reinstalling it and deleting it again for about 18 months before finally getting somewhere. A few total dud dates in there too!

I've recently signed up to eHarmony, but despite chatting to a couple of people I don't really feel that I've properly clicked with anyone yet.. 🤷‍♂️
I clicked with someone shortly after posting this.. 😊 We've met up a couple of times, and things are going well - just a shame lockdown #2 is about to be imposed!

I don't miss dating, that is for sure. I am a mess of social anxiety around people I know well, so dating is a whole new kettle of absolute terror. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back