• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Back 4 Blood

Back 4 Blood
Back 4 Blood is a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise. You are at the center of a war against the Ridden. These once-human hosts of a deadly parasite have turned into terrifying creatures bent on devouring what remains of civilization. With humanity’s extinction on the line, it’s up to you and your friends to take the fight to the enemy, eradicate the Ridden, and reclaim the world.
Players: 4+
Co-op: Yes
Genre: Action, Horror, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
I was always gutted that the Left 4 Dead series never made it to PlayStation.. They weren't the best games, but they were pretty fun to play a bit of co-op with mates.

I've just randomly stumbled upon this upcoming release, and it seems my prayers will be answered! 😁 I'd never even heard of this until now (yes I'm out of the loop!), but having seen the trailers there's no mistaking that it's the same development team behind it.

Looks good - basically Left4Dead 3, right down to the safe rooms, special infected and weapons.

The key for these type of games is content. World War Z was a good looking game but only having 3 or 4 locations meant it got stale quick.

L4D thrived on PC with the free map content made by the community.

It will be interesting to see how this one shapes up.

Looks like this one got delayed without me realising.. 😅

It should have been released on 22nd June 2021, but appears to have been pushed back to 12th October 2021. I did wonder how come I'd not seen/heard much about it!

It should have been released on 22nd June 2021, but appears to have been pushed back to 12th October 2021. I did wonder how come I'd not seen/heard much about it!
Dang you're right, I totally forgot about this when before I was hearing about it quite a bit - had no idea it was delayed.
I reckon I'll pick up a 4-pack for me and the lads when it eventually does come out.

Dang you're right, I totally forgot about this when before I was hearing about it quite a bit - had no idea it was delayed.
I reckon I'll pick up a 4-pack for me and the lads when it eventually does come out.
I might have to get in on the action.. online, of course!

Too right pal we'll arrange something when it comes out and lash a few rounds about :D

Did any of you guys play the beta that dropped this past August? I played a bit of it, and it is very Left 4 Dead like. But there seems to be a lot more enemies than both Left 4 Dead games.

From the little I played of the beta, I thought it was great. Plays almost exactly like you'd expect. I just hope there's more to it, because Left 4 Dead did get boring after a while of playing it, so I have a feeling it's going to be the same result with Back 4 Blood, unless they keep it fresh by adding more stuff and enemies. And levels of course.

I managed to get an invite to the beta, but never got around to installing and playing it.. not that I didn't want to, but life just got in the way.

Totally agree with the Left 4 Dead eventually getting boring though, @Grant, fingers crossed the developers have plans in the pipeline to freshen up Back 4 Blood once in a while.. Even if they just change things up slightly on a weekly rotation like Epic did with Gears of War 2 onwards.

Has this flopped? I saw Tesco selling PS5 copies pretty cheaply considering it's a relatively new game..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back