• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

COVID Christmas

• Ash
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Lee

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
received_1275467746165000.jpeg

How very apt.. 😁

🎶 COVID is coming.. COVID is coming..

• Haha
Reactions: Lee
So on a more serious note, the UK government has announced that we can see our families and form "Christmas bubbles" between 23rd-27th December. However this must be in private homes, no more than 3 households can mix, and these bubbles cannot change during this period.

Does this affect your plans? Do you think people will stick to the rule (and how on earth can it be policed if not)?

Personally it doesn't affect me too much, although I may not get to see some people that I otherwise would have (mainly my ex's family). I don't have any concrete plans as yet, but I think that I will either be going to visit my Mum or Dad.. It doesn't seem very clear whether I could visit both, but the fact that "bubbles cannot change" would suggest not, even though technically it would only be 2 households mixing at each (total of 3). Having my daughter confuses things slightly as well, although it seems that she can be a part of both parents' bubbles.

We will visit my parents and my sister is returning from university, that is the three households.

It is a good thing the rules have been relaxed, because I feel nobody would of paid a blind bit of notice over the holiday period.

My brother is working away this christmas, he is on a oil vessel off the coast of Germany, so our plans have become less complicated as his partner and her daughter probably wouldnt want to visit without him.

So the UK government has made yet another u-turn, this time with Christmas plans.. Originally upto 3 households were allowed to mix for 5 days, now it's just Christmas day.

Are you making changes to your plans so close to the big day? Not me, although mine aren't strictly sticking to the rules anyway.. 😅

That last-minute change from the UK government was not great. And it obviously didn't help much because a lot of people just travelled to their families the day before the new restrictions came into place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back