• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to register an account to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, registration is free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Which OS does everyone use?

Currently reading:
Which OS does everyone use?

OS of Choice?

• Total voters

Airo

Game and Web Design
So I recently moved from my Windows 7 install to a fresh Windows 10, and it works great. I also have various Linux distributions installed on my two laptops, including Ubuntu, Solus and Raspbian x86. What does everyone else have?

Andy

Bazinga!
Windows 10.

I used Windows 8 for a while, but my laptop got stuck in some weird loop where it recognised a Windows update but kept failing to install it.

I initially wasn't keen, but it's much better after a couple of updates.

Airo

Game and Web Design
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I personally prefer Solus Linux, I love the aesthetic.

Airo

Game and Web Design
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was on Windows 7, but I think now is the time to upgrade - most things are ironed out in Win 10 now

I currently use Windows 10 but I am familiar with Linux as it's what my site runs on. Windows 10 has so many bugs though. I had to opt. manually that updates didn't change my computer hardware as once it locked me out of my keyboard. Ended up having to edit the registry just to fix the issue. Ended up fixing it but not after a huge hassle that lead me to have to use the on-screen keyboard.

I use Windows 10 and I love it really. Can't see myself ever going away from using Windows as the OS for my laptop.

Andy

Bazinga!
The main thing that I dislike with Windows 10 is the start menu, having come off Classic Shell after the author ceased development on the project.

I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I just feel like I can't find what I'm after on there sometimes! :xen_pain:

I work on a Win10 laptop
I game on a Win7 custom desktop

My actual work involves almost every OS variant from Server 2008 onwards, Win7 desktops onwards and more varieties of Linux than I can list lol

My laptop came with Windows 7 and I never had the need to upgrade it since.

I got the freebie offer from Microsoft to upgrade to Win10, but there was a lot of negative feedback about it back then, so I just decided to ignore it. I'm not even sure if it's worth upgrading to this day because Windows 7 works for me.

Maybe when I build u my new computer, I'll kick it off with Windows 10 and see how it goes from there. Who knows.. maybe MS will release a new OS version by then.

Andy

Bazinga!
I got the freebie offer from Microsoft to upgrade to Win10, but there was a lot of negative feedback about it back then, so I just decided to ignore it. I'm not even sure if it's worth upgrading to this day because Windows 7 works for me.
Yeah, the initial versions of Windows 10 weren't great.

When I tried it initially I found it to be painfully slow, so much so that I re-imaged my laptop and went back to Windows 8..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom