• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

I Am Alive

I Am Alive
Chicago, June 2009. A 10.3 magnitude earthquake destroys the city and shatters your life as an ordinary citizen. As the rescue mysteriously fails to arrive, you are trapped in an environmental and social chaos that gets worse by the hour. Your only way out is to set up a massive refugee camp to hopefully attract rescue's attention. You will need to find resources and organize survivors to create your headquarters. In the midst of Chicago’s ruins, you’ll have to both preserve and sacrifice in order to survive during 7 days. Rescue, heal, protect, kill, ambush or steal. But first, try staying alive. It could happen to you, so ask yourself: what would you do?

The city is falling apart all around you! Survive the earthquake and its aftershocks, the collapsing buildings and the devastating rifts in this never before seen hostile environment.
Make your way through social chaos. Evolve among other survivors in an urban jungle where there are no more rules and where violent groups dictate their law.
Learn to survive. Use tactics, diversion and discretion to survive against the odds.
Rescue or hunt. In this new era where everyone is for himself and where water is gold, hunt for precious resources, save people in distress and restore order to unify survivors in one base camp.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Ubisoft Entertainment

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
I've selected I Am Alive on the PS3 as my first captured playthrough for our YouTube channel, which should be uploaded in the coming week.. 😊

It's a game I've only played very briefly before and have been meaning to return to for a proper playthrough for a while. Considering its age I really like the visuals and gritty survival elements, and parts of it are very reminiscent of Silent Hill. However, unlike Silent Hill resources seem to be much harder to come by - there's several alleys and spaces where you'd usually expect to find an item and there's nothing - and I quite like that.

I seem to recall it generally wasn't well received despite several delays with development. I'll try and write my own review once I'm finished though.

I remember playing this game when it first came out - I think it was a PS Plus title, or at least it had a PS Plus discount. The art style was quite unique at the time and it played well considering. Be neat to see a play through!

I remember playing this game when it first came out - I think it was a PS Plus title, or at least it had a PS Plus discount. The art style was quite unique at the time and it played well considering. Be neat to see a play through!
Frustratingly I finished recording Part 1 at about 2hrs in, and realised that the commentary hadn't recorded.. :facepalm: I've kept the footage though, so I'll see if I can salvage anything and edit in some post-commentary. I don't particularly want to start over at this point!

Another one I've had sitting in my library for far too long without me really trying it - a friend of mine had a pretty high opinion of it but I'm just so bad at getting around to these things.
Looking forward to your playthrough, hopefully it wont be too difficult to add commentary over your footage.

I played through a small portion of the game before I got bored of it. It's very repetitive and can get glitchy at times. Also the graphics are a bit tough on the eyes after a while, at least that's how it was for me.

It's not a bad game, just not that fun either. If they fixed the controls a bit, and sorted some of the bugs, I would for sure give this one another chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back