• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Website newsletters / digests

Currently reading:
Website newsletters / digests

Is there a "perfect balance" for website newsletters / digests?

• Once a week is fine, I like to keep in the loop!

• Once a month is good. I don't feel like I'm getting spammed, and I get a nice summary.

• I don't mind getting the occasional email as and when the admin wishes to send an update.

• Don't EVER send me that rubbish.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
What do you generally think about newsletters or digests?

Do you instantly unsubscribe from them, or do you have a fear of missing out that stops you from unsubscribing?

Do you sometimes read them if you don't get them too often? Is there a "perfect balance"?

Threads
Reaction score
Once a week is fine with me, more than that is a bit spammy.

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
They are annoying especially if they are emailed quite frequently. Unfortunately, most of the time, I'm way to lazy to actually go ahead and unsubscribe from them so they just keep coming.

Threads
Media
Reaction score
When I think about making a newsletter for my blog site, I never think I should do it once a week or at any interval. I can't imagine the best way possible to set up the newsletter to keep things interesting... So seeing the preferred timing from others helps me think a bit more cohesively.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
I'm trialing a weekly digest of new / updated content every Monday in the hope that something catches the eye of existing members and they re-visit.

Apologies in advance if you'd rather not receive this! :grit:

Threads
Reaction score
I'm trialing a weekly digest of new / updated content every Monday in the hope that something catches the eye of existing members and they re-visit.

Apologies in advance if you'd rather not receive this! :grit:
If it's the one I use you can turn it off in your preferences, it's in the Preferences section.

Threads
Media
Reaction score
No need to apologize~ I look forward to seeing more of your writing. If you need an editor for any reason though, I'm in.