• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Health Water, water everywhere (so let's all have a drink!)

Currently reading:
Health Water, water everywhere (so let's all have a drink!)

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I confess, I go in phases of being very good with drinking water and then other times I'll hardly drink any..

Why is staying hydrated important?
  • Water helps to maximize physical performance
  • Hydration has a major effect on energy levels and brain function
  • Drinking water may help to prevent and treat headaches
  • Drinking more water may help relieve constipation
  • Drinking water may help treat kidney stones
  • Water helps prevent hangovers
  • Drinking more water can help with weight loss
There's science behind it all, and I definitely feel better when I'm good with drinking water :)

With my current phase, I find it *much* easier to drink flavoured still water. You can buy 1L bottles of these for under 40p from most local supermarkets..

If you're not so good at drinking water, perhaps now is as good a time as any to start!

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
Honestly, those bottles you're talking about were my lifesaver when I was trying to transition from pop over to water. I used to buy about 15 at a time (and look like a nutter at the checkout) but they'd keep me on track and away from (my bae) of Fanta Fruit Twist. Nowadays, I'm drinking about 2-3L per day, especially at work as we have one of those water tap thingys right next door to me. It's a good excuse to stretch the legs but also get a nice swig of water.

Threads
Reaction score
I found it easier having one of these - 1.3lt water bottle

It would sit on my desk and I could see how much I needed to drink. So even though I didn't 'feel' thirsty, I'd force myself. Then it becomes a habit to have a drink every couple of hours. I definitely saw my skin improved. I've fallen off the wagon recently though.

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Threads
Reaction score
The only drinks I ever have are lager, tea and coffee (note order of preference!).
This is going to sound odd, but my mouth feels drier when I drink water :think:

On a positive note, I never drink fizzy drinks such as Coke, Lemonade and all that other rubbish.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
Honestly, those bottles you're talking about were my lifesaver when I was trying to transition from pop over to water. I used to buy about 15 at a time (and look like a nutter at the checkout) but they'd keep me on track and away from (my bae) of Fanta Fruit Twist.
Definitely, I'm starting to find that it quenches my thirst better than Pepsi or Irn-Bru ever did, and I think I actually prefer the taste too..

I buy 5 at a time (1 per working day). I guess I could stock up on them a bit more, but I don't really feel the need to do so.

I found it easier having one of these - 1.3lt water bottle

It would sit on my desk and I could see how much I needed to drink. So even though I didn't 'feel' thirsty, I'd force myself. Then it becomes a habit to have a drink every couple of hours. I definitely saw my skin improved. I've fallen off the wagon recently though.
I've had something similar in the past, but it's being bothered to fill it up (lazy, I know) and just plain water doesn't always do it for me, whether I tend to find that flavoured water just hits the spot every time.

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
Honestly, those bottles you're talking about were my lifesaver when I was trying to transition from pop over to water. I used to buy about 15 at a time (and look like a nutter at the checkout) but they'd keep me on track and away from (my bae) of Fanta Fruit Twist.
Definitely, I'm starting to find that it quenches my thirst better than Pepsi or Irn-Bru ever did, and I think I actually prefer the taste too..

I buy 5 at a time (1 per working day). I guess I could stock up on them a bit more, but I don't really feel the need to do so.
That's actually quite true now that I think about it, I did just have some Irn Bru last night I'll admit lol but it certainly wasn't the same as my Aldi's own. I could never survive on just one per day back then though, I used to have one at home and one at work, hence buying the extras in. I do tend to buy a lot of the things I need though so I can make less bloody trips to get more. Plus it's fun to see my fiancées reaction when she sees an entire cupboard full of flavoured drinks haha.

JoyFreak

FREAK
Threads
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this useful post. As I go to the gym, I tend to drink a lot anyway. I have always loved drinking water vs anything else and I always prefer it to be cold and fresh. Non of that warm water nonsense!

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this useful post. As I go to the gym, I tend to drink a lot anyway. I have always loved drinking water vs anything else and I always prefer it to be cold and fresh. Non of that warm water nonsense!
Oh God, that's nearly as bad as when I'm presented with that great menace - sparkling water. :mad::mad: - I'm not sure what evil conspired, and how badly 'original' water was hurt to create this God fearing abomination of hydration. As you can tell, I don't like sparkling water. I also hate getting bloody warm water when I really wanted a nice refreshing cold one. Why is life so cruel, why?

Threads
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the culture. For instance, I spent some time in Asia - and often the food is spicy. People are expected to drink water with meals - unless it's a beer thing.

Sodas are considered a novelty thing there - only drunk at snack time.