• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil 2 (Remake)

Resident Evil 2
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Horror
Released:
Publisher: Capcom

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
You can read more about Resident Evil 2 (Remake) in the Wiki.

Use this thread to discuss the game. Alternatively, feel free to post a thread with a more specific question and/or discussion!

It should be noted that I've only played the game very briefly, but the difficulty seemed to be pretty high? 🤔

Very limited ammo, and quite a few zombies to deal with.. I've since read that the typical zombie lore of "aim for the head" hasn't been applied, and shooting their legs is much more effective.

Are there any other tips anyone has (other than trying to conserve ammo) before I try and tackle this again, and hopefully play it for a bit longer next time?

Yep, pretty much don't use ammo unless you really need to. Shooting them in the head will still take a full clip or more.

Ideally you should be able to swoop around the zombies.

There is no harm in putting on the assist mode either. At the very least you can use it to practice how to evade better.

I definitely had more trouble than I thought I would. I'm not great at the resource management of these kinds of games so I eventually had to drop the difficulty down because I was afraid I'd screw myself over.

After playing a fair bit of this, I just couldn't get into it the same way I did the original. Maybe I'm just so in love with the older style of play I'll never fully accept the remakes.

I really enjoyed Resident Evil 4, but then 5 & 6 I just didn't enjoy as much and the remakes of 2 & 3 just aren't my cup of tea.

That's fair, I think Capcom realised the potential with future games when they released RE4. It was no longer just for the horror fans, it was for a wider audience. So naturally that's how they're trending.

Whats your take on RE7 and Village switching to a first-person view? I know a lot of fans of the over-the-shoulder style were kinda against the switch to FPS. I was really excited by it though - I think a first person camera is perfect for horror.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back