• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to register an account to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, registration is free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Trading cards

Currently reading:
Trading cards

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Anyone ever been into collecting cards?
I actually love doing it but must have spend quite a bit of money on the hobby.

It's tailed off the last few years but I was a heavy collector of X-Files cards when I was at Uni. It's probably the OCD in me but I love getting the binder, adding the cards, getting the special editions etc.. Needless to say all of these collections are now gathering dust in the loft. Nothing really out at the moment. I think the last ones I was collecting were the match attax cards but that was mainly for my son who is footy mad.

I also religiously collect the Panini World Cup stickers as that's just too much fun when the World Cup is on. My other half thinks I'm mad.

I used to collected Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards when I was younger. Actually played the trading card game as well for both those. For a while I messed around with Magic the Gathering cards too. I had a huge collection of pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards I gave away a while back. I remember going to tournaments and someone stealing one of my cards once. Was really frustrating for me and I never got it back. But card collecting can be pretty fun sometimes. One time I got one of the rarest cards in the game out of a booster pack and the shop owner was fairly jealous. Fun times

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finding rare cards was part of the magic. Opening the packet in anticipation!

Finding rare cards was part of the magic. Opening the packet in anticipation!
I agree as well. Maybe it was just apart of being a young kid that drew me into it. Though even adults find it fun just to collect different cards. But it was something I used to like a lot when I was young.

Andy

Bazinga!
I used to collect Panini Football stickers, Pogs, and Tazos.. Probably about 20 years ago now! :ret_eek:

It was pretty difficult to collect them since I didn't really get pocket money to speak off when I was younger..

I'm sure I have those in the loft at my parents house, Andy. Do you remember Go-Gos?

We used to print pokemon cards off from the internet and glue them onto a base card :LOL:

Andy

Bazinga!
Don't think I've heard of Go-Gos, you may have to englighten me on that one.. :xen_conf:

I remember fake Pokémon cards being almost as common as legitimate ones though.. It was almost as bad as the old £1 coin!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom