• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

The Lion King (2019)

Currently reading:
The Lion King (2019)

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Lion King (2019)

Tagline: The King has Returned.

Genre: Adventure, Animation, Family, Drama

Director: Jon Favreau

Cast: Donald Glover, Beyoncé Knowles, James Earl Jones, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alfre Woodard, John Oliver, John Kani, Seth Rogen, Billy Eichner, Eric André, Florence Kasumba, Keegan-Michael Key, JD McCrary, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Amy Sedaris

Release: 2019-07-17

Plot: Simba idolises his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub's arrival. Scar, Mufasa's brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba's exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
One of my favourite Disney films has received the live-action treatment, and is coming to cinemas on 19th July.

I've seen the recent live-action renditions of The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast, and whilst they were OK I generally preferred the animations.. I haven't had chance to see Dumbo or Aladdin yet.

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
Honestly, I thought both Aladdin and Dumbo would be duds, especially Aladdin for some reason but they worked beautifully. I'd actually go and see Aladdin again (and I might!) if I get a bit of spare time this week. Want to go and see the new Men In Black first though and get my free glasses which for whatever reason Odeon are giving away. My fiancee has been going on about this non-stop though, it's her favourite film by a country mile and everyday I seem to get a phone thrust in my face with a "OMG, look at how cute Simba is!" or something haha.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database