• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil Village

Resident Evil Village

Experience survival horror like never before in the 8th major installment in the Resident Evil franchise - Resident Evil Village. With detailed graphics, intense first-person action and masterful storytelling, the terror has never felt more realistic.

Years after the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Ethan Winters has started over with his wife Mia, finally living in peace and putting the past behind them. However, Chris Redfield, the legendary hero from previous Resident Evil games, suddenly disrupts their life, throwing a devastated Ethan into a new and twisted nightmare in search of answers.

Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Horror
Released:
Publisher: Capcom

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
  • Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
You can read more about Resident Evil Village in the Wiki.

Use this thread to discuss the game. Alternatively, feel free to post a thread with a more specific question and/or discussion!

Apologies to @jamesyfx and anyone who participated in the discussion thread. I tried to merge the discussion with the database entry and accidentally ended up deleting it.. I don't think I can retrieve it either 😓

The demo was released yesterday and with it, confirmation from Capcom that it will be released on PS4 and Xbox One as well as next-gen, and a release date of 7th May 2021 which has been added to our Calendar.

Here's 30 minutes of shockingly bad gameplay footage from the recent playable Resident Evil Village demo that I recorded on PS5.

A few things to note...

This is one-shot demo, I went in completely blind and (as it will become apparent... :cautious:) it took me longer than expected to figure out what I was meant to do! Plus the combat sequence didn't go quite so well... and once it's finished, the demo is over and you're locked out for about a week.

But hey! I recorded it and it's here.. er.. Enjoy...??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is my gameplay of the newer Castle Demo.

Capcom graciously gave us a whole hour to explore this own, but I got through it in about 20 mins. 😂 This one is a way better video than my earlier attempt..

Enjoy!

And finally (for the time being) here's the first Village demo (I skipped all the cutscenes I already saw when I played it on PS5 - Sorry!) but this time played on a PC with all the visual settings set to max including Ray Tracing.

Obviously Youtube takes some quality out due to compression and I've not recorded in a lossless way so it's not perfectly equivalent to what I experienced... but here you go:

It got a bit framey towards the end but I think that's cause I'm also capturing on the same hardware!

Edit: The footage came out really poorly, I'm sorry. :ROFLMAO: But HEY it looks good in the parts where Ethan stands perfectly still..

@jamesyfx posted a new review of Resident Evil Village

There has been a huge DLC added to this game; I've not played it yet, but it features an all-new campaign which is set many years after the main story and also features an optional third-person mode for the original game.

The latter seems quite interesting. Capcom are eager to keep him faceless though despite the third person camera... apparently, he turns his head away from the camera if you try to swing it around. :stoned:

There has been a huge DLC added to this game; I've not played it yet, but it features an all-new campaign which is set many years after the main story and also features an optional third-person mode for the original game.

The latter seems quite interesting. Capcom are eager to keep him faceless though despite the third person camera... apparently, he turns his head away from the camera if you try to swing it around. :stoned:
It's like he's shy or something! Seems like a cool option to have though..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back