• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to register an account to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, registration is free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Nintendo Super Mario 3D Land

Currently reading:
Nintendo Super Mario 3D Land

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D Land is a platform game that has been described by game designer Shigeru Miyamoto as a "3D Mario that plays as a 2D Mario game." As such, Super Mario 3D Land combines the elements of traditional side-scrolling Mario titles, such as linear-based levels, with those of the modern open world Mario titles, such as moving Mario in three dimensions and performing a variety of actions.[6]
Similar to the classic side-scrolling Mario games, the objective of each level is to reach and grab the "Goal Pole" located at the end of the course before the time limit expires. Super Mario 3D Land utilizes a similar health system to those games, in which Mario shrinks upon taking damage from enemies or hazards, and damage while as "Small Mario" results in losing a life.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Platform
Released:
Publisher: Nintendo

Trailer

Screenshot
Ehh, I thought it could have used more bosses like New Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros. 3. The entire game was extremely easy until we got to the special levels, and by then the bosses just disappeared. Like, why would you remove bosses when the game started to offer a challenge?

I was a little disappointed but I still had fun while playing. I preferred Super Mario 3D World.

Never played this game but I really enjoyed Super Mario Odyssey for the switch. I don't have a 3ds anymore but would be interesting to play this on the Switch. Not sure if it's out or coming out though

Never played this game but I really enjoyed Super Mario Odyssey for the switch. I don't have a 3ds anymore but would be interesting to play this on the Switch. Not sure if it's out or coming out though
It's highly unlikely that they're going to release this game as a remake on the Switch.

It would have been nice if the Switch had backward compatibility or if Nintendo surprised us with a sort of 3DS virtual console, but I don't think we'll see any of those anytime soon (even in the next gen console by Nintendo). Between the both of us, I'm more interested in a GBA / original DS virtual console.

It's highly unlikely that they're going to release this game as a remake on the Switch.

It would have been nice if the Switch had backward compatibility or if Nintendo surprised us with a sort of 3DS virtual console, but I don't think we'll see any of those anytime soon (even in the next gen console by Nintendo). Between the both of us, I'm more interested in a GBA / original DS virtual console.
That's precisely what I'm interested in as well. They would see so much of my money if they did release a virtual GBA/ DS/ 3DS virtual console. Mainly because of pokemon and zelda games that I would very much so enjoy playing. Recently I've heard about a game releasing called "Links Awakening" which has the style 3ds has for Zelda games and not like breath of the wild which is supposed to release sometime this year along with Pokemon Sword and Shield.

What I don't understand is why they haven't done this already... because it's the new handheld and not just for the TV.

By the way a game you might like, that hasn't gotten much attention is a game called "Octopath Traveler". Look it up. It's a triple A title that isn't getting much attention but some people are claiming it's one of the best switch games yet. It's like pokemon without the pokemon and it's an RPG based just like pokemon but more medevilish looking. I haven't bought it yet but plan to buy it first chance I get. People are saying they can't put the game down it's so fun. Check it out sometime.

Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom