• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Hi again!

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

MChapp1867

Reaction score
Hi all. Alerted to Umbrella Online via a Twitter follow and happy to be here :)

Used to post on previous iterations of the site as well as Gaming Update. I recognise a couple of usernames here already - and I always find it amazing to see names and faces from so long ago "meet" again. You'll have to excuse the fact that I can't even begin to remember my usernames from back then though..

Hope you're keeping well Andy and it looks good here! Let's see if we can build a community back.

I joined Gaming Update a little bit later than everyone else I think. I was good friends with Dave (Amiga/PatronSaint), and a couple of others. I'd be surprised if he ever returned but that would be a fun thing. 🙃

I used to help run a few post-GU communities that did really well, but life, and things like Facebook signalled the end for those things for a while.

I'm loving the nostalgia factor of this place, makes me think of simpler times... Great place for me to settle down! Really great to see more and more people from past days..

Absolutely agree. Posting here reminds me of settling in until 3am pottering around between forums, MSN and Unreal Tournament, with nothing but a bag of wine gums and Dr Pepper to keep me going..

Dave/Amiga is DEFINITELY someone I'd love to see. There's a name I've not heard for so long.

Hi all. Alerted to Umbrella Online via a Twitter follow and happy to be here :)

Used to post on previous iterations of the site as well as Gaming Update. I recognise a couple of usernames here already - and I always find it amazing to see names and faces from so long ago "meet" again. You'll have to excuse the fact that I can't even begin to remember my usernames from back then though..

Hope you're keeping well Andy and it looks good here! Let's see if we can build a community back.
Mat!! So pleased to have you back on board and supporting the project again.. 😊

I remember the usernames "Duggyfuzz", "Da Duggy", and "Chapps" - Didn't you also have something like "MentalKillerClown" or something at one point?

I'm not too bad thanks - will send you a PM.. 👍

I'm loving the nostalgia factor of this place, makes me think of simpler times... Great place for me to settle down! Really great to see more and more people from past days..
I still think forums have a place despite the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Sure they're not as popular as they used to be, but it's precisely that nostalgia factor that appeals and I still find they're a better way of meeting new like-minded people.

Posting here reminds me of settling in until 3am pottering around between forums, MSN and Unreal Tournament, with nothing but a bag of wine gums and Dr Pepper to keep me going..

Dave/Amiga is DEFINITELY someone I'd love to see. There's a name I've not heard for so long.
..don't forget the Pot Noodles and terrible PSone games! 🤣

Yep, it'd be great if Dave did feel like stopping by and saying "hello" - but from what I've heard from @jamesyfx he's doing well and is happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back