• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Mind Sleep issues

Currently reading:
Mind Sleep issues

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
Does anyone have any sleeping habits, or struggle with sleep generally?

I sometimes snore when I'm drunk, I often moan and/or fidget when I'm sick, and have had a 6 month spell with insomnia (that was fun..). Then I have random nights like tonight where something wakes me up, and I can't get back to sleep. I'll probably suffer for it later.

Since becoming a parent, I seem to be going to bed earlier and earlier. You won't often see me awake past 10pm these days.. :sleep:

Threads
Reaction score
I actually have a sickness that has to do with sleep myself. I dream while I'm awake. It's like your daydreaming or dreaming while your awake. It hasn't been diagnosed yet but I think it's something called hypnogogia. I need to look into it more. I sleep well, like a baby. But I never feel rested. I haven't felt rested in years

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
That sounds really strange.. Might be a stupid question, but do you realise that you're dreaming?

I hate not feeling rested, so definitely sympathise with you on that level.

Threads
Reaction score
That sounds really strange.. Might be a stupid question, but do you realise that you're dreaming?

I hate not feeling rested, so definitely sympathise with you on that level.
It's more like day-dreaming. I'm basically dreaming while I'm awake. But if you mean am I aware of the difference then yes I am. And it's so annoying having to deal with it. It's been starting to go away recently but I was right about it being Hypnogogia because of how it effects my memory. Which I'm only able to remember in pieces and my memory is a bit off track. Also I can make out destinct and detailed patterns on pop-corn ceiling walls that's visually realistic. All point towards the symptoms. Anyways I'm just glad it's starting to go away. Makes me really happy

Threads
Reaction score
I live on about 5 hours sleep per night, always been the same. Just dont feel like i need more.

Apparently i talk in my sleep quite a lot.

Threads
Reaction score
I live on about 5 hours sleep per night, always been the same. Just dont feel like i need more.

Apparently i talk in my sleep quite a lot.
Wow I don't see how you can do that. That's barely any sleep at all. They say most people need 8 hours. But talking in your sleep is quite common. Some people sleep walk and it can get quite interesting sometimes. I've sleep walked before but it's been a long time. I used to when I was a teenager

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
I remember back when I was a teenager I used to get through on about 3-5 hours per night because I spent most of my time playing Runescape (the good old days) and then going to school and it was simply eat, sleep, repeat for a good few years. Nowadays, with working and that my sleep schedule is better but still not the best. I always tell myself I'm going to bed at 10am but I don't end up getting asleep until mid-night, I just find it hard to switch off my brain.

Threads
Media
Reaction score
I struggle with sleep for a couple of reasons, mainly medical. I have an unreliable circadian rhythm, so my sleep cycle tends to be a mess (though lately it's been pretty good!) and I toss and turn and throw my blanket across the room sometimes in my sleep because I'm constantly struggling to get comfortable with my fibromyalgia and spine issues.

An interesting thing though is when in a half wake state, I can seem totally woken and speak properly, only to fall asleep and forget by the time I actually wake up. Also I talk in my sleep, forgot to mention that.

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Threads
Reaction score
My snoring sometimes wakes me up and every now and then i wake up gasping for breath. Probably should do something about it. I'm a night owl though. I cannot go to bed early. I usually go around 2am and im up with the kids at 7.

Lee

Threads
Reaction score
I usually get 6/7 hours of sleep a night but I can function perfectly fine on 5 hrs too :)

Threads
Reaction score
I used to sleep 4-5 hours a night but with my new job I found that I’ve been getting 9+ hours due to it being very physically demanding.

Threads
Reaction score
Normally sleep fairly easy, apart from when it's very hot.

Been told I snore but I've never heard it :)

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Threads
Reaction score
Been told I snore but I've never heard it
Isn't it amazing how you can snore and wake the whole family up but you cannot wake yourself up. I'm taking from vast experience here too!