• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Favorite Genre to play?

Xyphien

Reaction score
There's hundreds of Genres of games out there in this day in age. What is the one that keeps you wanting to play more?

For me, it's MMOs and Simulation games. I'm a huge sucker for anything with Simulation from Park Tycoons to the Sims themselves. However I have been juggling a lot of MMOs in, in order to prepare for Ashes of Creation.

Racing

I'm a bit of a motorsport fanatic anyway, but I enjoy the freedom and flexibility that the genre gives in that I can pick it up and jump straight in to a race for an hour or so without having to try and remember the control scheme or a storyline..

My favorite Genre are fast paced first person shooters like Halo. I actually have a special place in my heart for games like Halo. It was just recently I actually had a dream I was in a Halo game. Which is was one of the funnest dreams ever. To me Halo will always be the best game ever made for multiplayer. I do enjoy a bit of Call of Duty but Halo will always be ten-fold better. There's just no game that can compare.

Probably JRPGs, with platformers or adventure type games coming second. I guess it's largely to the presentation of these games, I'd take a nice consistent artstyle over hyperrealism any day of the week.

I don't have a clear favourite; but I prefer first person games. I feel much closer to the action.

I lean towards RPGs, but almost all games these days have RPG elements in them which has my approval...

First-person shooters and driving/racing games (open world games being my favourite). I actually haven't been playing too many first-person shooters recently, mainly because GTA Online has received a lot of my attention. I love driving games where we also get a huge open world to explore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back