• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

🗣️ Community Light style with switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umbrella Online now has a light style for members that prefer them. Let me know if you encounter any issues or design quirks that I've missed in testing.

For your convenience, a 'quick switch' feature has also been added to the navigation bar.

It took a while for me to actually feel like I was getting anywhere with it..

It's really quite difficult to maintain a "survival horror" theme with lighter colours! 😅 That, and I just love the dark theme..

Yeah, I get that - but you have done a good job.

Does the toggle auto change when my device auto changes?

Ah thats a shame, but I can do it myself no problems :D

..out of interest, is anyone using the Light style over the Dark one?

Is there any interest for a "Silent Hill" based theme, perhaps?

Personally no, I'll always opt to use a dark theme when available.
An SH theme would be interesting, but again if it was a light theme (which I'm guessing you have in mind with the fog) then I probably wouldn't use it.
I do wonder how feasible it would be to make a dark theme based on the otherworld, be kind of difficult to make it look good I'd imagine.

An SH theme would be interesting, but again if it was a light theme (which I'm guessing you have in mind with the fog) then I probably wouldn't use it.
I do wonder how feasible it would be to make a dark theme based on the otherworld, be kind of difficult to make it look good I'd imagine.
I'd probably try and offer a dark and light option with such a theme also.. It's pretty low on the agenda, however.

I am now trialling an add-on that automatically switches the style between Light and Dark styles depending on the time of day.

If you wish to opt-out of this, you can do so via your Account preferences
1621252047123.png

If this proves to be an unpopular feature, I will remove it.

Though I'm choosing to opt-out myself (dark themes for life), I do agree this is a pretty nice touch and also not something I've really seen used elsewhere. Very nice!

Shocked me a bit loading up and seeing the different style, but I like that automatic switch! Great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Register
Back