• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Selling Websites - Anyone into it?

Currently reading:
Selling Websites - Anyone into it?

Threads
Reaction score
I had one thread about domaining. However, selling websites, as in domains with a viable website connected, is another matter. Anyway, on Forum Promotion - at least one member was building up forums and selling them. Well, he wasn't getting huge amounts, but he seemed to come out ahead.

O.K., what things do you believe make a website valuable? I'd say the connected domain does (domain metrics, domain age, name quality). Also, I think the material does - of course!

What are some markets for buying and selling websites, specifically?

• Flippa.com
  • DigitalPoint.com

Anyone know of more? Well, of course, domain markets like Go Daddy Auctions, Sedo, Afternic etc. might have domains - which happen to have websites connected.

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
I've done this quite a lot. I haven't always created websites for the sole purpose of selling them when I'm done but I have sold them, either when I've become bored of them or if I just don't have the time to dedicate to them. I try to sell them on forums to other users that I know

Threads
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
I've done this quite a lot. I haven't always created websites for the sole purpose of selling them when I'm done but I have sold them, either when I've become bored of them or if I just don't have the time to dedicate to them. I try to sell them on forums to other users that I know
Was it tough giving up Hive Gamurs? That seemed to be a really personal and difficult project.

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
Was it tough giving up Hive Gamurs? That seemed to be a really personal and difficult project.
Not that hard really. As with a lot of projects, it was just for a bit of fun and to test how I would develop it and get on with it. I got a lot of experience with it and I do think that Jordan can do much more for it in the future than I could ever have.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I've never really tried selling any of my previous websites, I've just closed them and let the domain eventually expire. There was one exception when a member had previously mentioned that should I ever consider selling he might be interested, but then when I contacted him he denied saying any such thing.. *shrug*

I've already had someone on Forum Promotion ask me whether I'd consider selling Nerdface, to which I politely declined. The sheer amount of money I've invested in licensing alone would make it difficult to price up for a sale, especially while it's still in it's infancy. Not that I'd even consider selling for the foreseeable.