• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

✔️ Completed Advertise your site thread

This suggestion has been implemented or fixed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Reaction score
I have no idea why but I just can't seem to access the thread in the Offtopic section for advertising your site (https://umbrella-online.co.uk/threads/advertise-your-website.33/). I just get the following error message from Google -

1607792551598.png

Very strange. Working fine for me.. Will do some digging to see if I can find anything, but would recommend that you do the usual stuff of trying an alternative browser, trying a "private" mode window, or clearing your browser cache.. :nerd_pc:

After a bit of digging, it turns out your adblocker will be mis-identifying the word 'advertise' in the URL as some ad to be blocked.

Just switch off or whitelist this site in your adblocker and it'll work. UO doesn't serve ads anyway so there's no disadvantage to turning off the adblocker here. (y)

After a bit of digging, it turns out your adblocker will be mis-identifying the word 'advertise' in the URL as some ad to be blocked.

Just switch off or whitelist this site in your adblocker and it'll work. UO doesn't serve ads anyway so there's no disadvantage to turning off the adblocker here. (y)
This is why I couldn't replicate the issue, since I don't use adblockers. I won't be making any changes from our side, users will need to whitelist us.. Thanks James.

Pretty much confirmed, here:

This thread has been automatically closed as there has been no further activity relating to this suggestion or feedback after 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Register
Back