• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. (short for First Encounter Assault Recon) is a horror-themed first-person shooter developed by Monolith Productions and published by Vivendi Universal.

A prominent gameplay element is "reflex time", which slows down the game world while still allowing the player to aim and react at normal speeds. As the player progresses through the game they will be able to pick up shots that will increase the amount of health, and reflex time they have.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Horror, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Vivendi Games

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
I remember playing a demo of this when it first released, and being pretty impressed with it - but as a non-PC gamer I didn't end up buying it..

..then my prayers were answered. It got a release on Xbox 360, and I couldn't wait to pick it up! ..only for it to pretty much sit on the shelf unplayed, I think largely because the achievements were pretty solid and I felt the chances of finishing it were quite slim. Perhaps the graphics also felt kinda dated by this point..

For some reason I ended up purchasing the collection on Steam as it must have been on offer really cheap or something.. Again, it went unplayed.

I've just taken delivery of my new PC - and this is finally going to get the download and runthrough it deserves.. :cool:

I wanted to play it for years but when I got around to buying it I only ended up putting in like an hour before forgetting about it and moving on to something else. :v
I did play through the whole of the 3rd game with a friend which was pretty garbage ngl, but the first two games seem pretty good.

The first game is a genre-defining one, it refreshed the horror/action genre for sure.

I would recommend that everyone play the first game. Plus it's one of the first game I distinctly remember parallax mapping being used in... I.e. When you fired a bullet at a wall it didn't just make a decal, you actually saw depth.

I absolutely love Fear 1 and 2. They are one of my favorite horror/action games out there. The story was immersive, and rich. Never got around to playing the third one, however I did hear it wasn't that great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back