• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil 1.5

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Lee

Reaction score
I'd forgotten about this beautiful thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Funnily enough I was going to do a thread on this myself.. :cool:

I did have a very quick play on it last year, but it felt too much of an unfinished and broken mess to be enjoyable. I know there's a team working on piecing an early build back together, but I don't imagine we'll ever see the finished article.. Not unless there's a leak of a later build from the top.

Still, it's pretty awesome that this ever saw the light of day with an English translation!

I've played a bit of it myself as well, it's a lot more difficult than the actual RE2 for sure. There's a patch available for the leaked build which gets updated quite frequently to try and fix bugs and make it more playable. You still need to play it with a debug menu to bounce around the screens, last time I tried it anyways.

The game itself however, clearly uninspired - the environments are so samey and the encounters aren't interesting - no wonder they cancelled it and started over. I believe only one or two backgrounds were re-used for the finished game... Everything else was redone.

It's cool that it's out there though, it's a shame (I guess) it was just a PSX ISO that got out there and not the source code... Cos what they've been doing with Mario 64 since that got leaked is pretty amazing (native PC build with mod support).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A few years later, and.. well.. despite a few more updates, it still doesn't feel anything like close to a "finished" game. I appreciate that they're ultimately limited in what they can and can't do with what they have, though I do wonder whether it will ever feel like the real deal and as Capcom originally intended? 🤔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back