• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Fixed / Implemented / Rejected Response is not JSON

Currently reading:
Fixed / Implemented / Rejected Response is not JSON

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I am aware of this error intermittently flashing on screen briefly.

I suspect it is some strange communication issue with the Spotify API, and I am in communication with both the server host and the add-on developer to see if the error can be suppressed in any way.

--EDIT--
If anyone manages to grab a recorded browser console error when this frontend error is shown, can you please let me know? The only trouble with it being intermittent is that I can't reproduce it when I want to..

--EDIT--
I caught the error with persistent console logs enabled, but nothing was captured.

I've temporarily disabled the Spotify add-on to try and identify if this is the cause..

--EDIT--
Error has not re-occurred since. Flagging as fixed and reporting to add-on developer (again). Please let me know if the error does re-occur.

--EDIT--
I've updated the add-on and had re-enabled it, but sadly the error returned.

I am again disabling this in the hope that ThemeHouse can help to resolve the issue, and have flagged this bug as "Third party" in the meantime.

--EDIT--
A patch has been released following my bug report, and Spotify integration is again being tested.

--EDIT--
Issue persists, add-on disabled.

--EDIT--
This is now being investigated with the Debug account by ThemeHouse. This is an account I have created for technical support from third-parties.

--EDIT--
I am fairly confident that between ThemeHouse support and myself, we have (finally) got to the bottom of the issue. That being said, please don't hesitate to report any such errors - when they happen, they tend to flash up on the screen only for a brief second.

I will leave this as "Awaiting feedback" over the weekend, and if no issues are reported will I will mark it as "Fixed" on Monday.

If you wish to connect your Spotify account, you can do so here.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
:swearing: That's slightly annoying..

I'll flag it with ThemeHouse, although I fear without heavy time investment this bug may not get resolved.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
I've decided to remove the add-on due to this error.

The widgets haven't been used for several weeks anyway following the recent bloat reductions, and ThemeHouse have all but confirmed that they will not be developing the widgets much further than their current state.