• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Raising Capital

Currently reading:
Raising Capital

Threads
Reaction score
How do you raise capital for your projects? Do you sell things? Do you simply work for the capital - as in wash dishes or something? Do you try crowdfunding?

Myself, I'd like to use crowdfunding - but honestly, I have no clue what I'd give for perks - or even the basics of how to approach it. It seems impossible. I'm assuming people - who already have built lists (Facebook Groups etc..) are the ones winning.

O.K., what is my current plan? Well, I will probably have to work for the capital - as in a traditional job - but I have also considered getting into some domaining. In other words, if I can sell $2,000 worth of domains - I can get $20,000 - the goal I want.

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
My budget and costs for my sites are relatively low so I don't really have to worry about raising capital as much. I usually do a few surveys every day so I don't have to worry about costs for my sites.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
Nerdface thus far has been primarily funded by my wages, and a credit card.. :grit:

As discussed, I personally don't feel that crowdfunding is "correct" for a website.. Donations would be more appropriate, but honestly it's not really an avenue I want to go down at the moment.

As for the future funding of Nerdface, who knows.. I can't continue to pump in the money that I have to date, but now that the development stages are pretty much over the running costs shouldn't actually be too high. Adverts are something that I could explore, as well as selling posts and/or code to other forums.