• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Silent Hill 4: The Room

Silent Hill 4: The Room
Henry Townshend is a man living in a small apartment in South Ashfield, a neighboring town of the infamous Silent Hill. On one strange night, Henry has a terrible nightmare, with recurring events: his phone is dead, his windows are sealed, and his neighbors can't hear him. He looks at his door, only to see it is blocked by several thick metal chains. A note is pinned to the door: "Don't go out!" It is signed only by a man named Walter. Henry explores his apartment, trying to figure out what is happening, when he spots a giant hole in the wall of his bathroom. Henry goes through the hole, only to find a portal which leads him to alternate dimensions. Hopefully, Henry will find out the truth about his apartment, Room 302, and live.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Adventure, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Konami

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
  • jamesyfx
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
You can read more about Silent Hill 4: The Room in the Wiki.

Use this thread to discuss the game. Alternatively, feel free to post a thread with a more specific question and/or discussion!

I didn't really give Silent Hill 4: The Room a chance when it first came out.. The first-person view was enough to put me off, in one of those stubborn "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" type scenarios.

I've decided to give it another chance after reading and hearing some pretty good things about it, and have just picked up a copy on eBay.. I paid slightly more than I wanted to (£22), but it was the least I've seen it listed for over the past couple of months - and is still less than it would have cost as new.

Did anyone else get immediately put off, or did you give it a chance? Did you enjoy it?

The first person stuff is only when you're in 'the room', the parts of the game where you're running around and in combat etc is largely similar to past Silent Hill games with a far third person camera.

I just think the whole room plot device is cliché (even for back then) and the storyline they designed around it was lame. :[ I would probably give it another try though after many years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back