• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Nintendo Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition

Currently reading:
Nintendo Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition
You’ve finally been granted your Pokémon trainer’s license, and now you’re on your way to becoming the world’s greatest Pokémon trainer! The shockingly-cute Pikachu tags along behind you as you search the enormous world for monsters to train and evolve. Face off against Blastoise’s torrential water gun. Stand strong when facing Pidgeot’s stormy Gust. Develop the ultimate Pokémon strategy to defeat the eight GYM Leaders and become the greatest Pokémon Master of all time!

• Battle a friend in the new Colosseum 2 for the Pika Cup, Petit Cup and Poké Cup titles.
• Print out your Pokédex data with a Game Boy Printer and a Game Link cable.
• Trade Pokémon with your friends using a Game Link cable. You’ll need to trade with both the Red and Blue versions to catch all 150 Pokémon and complete your Pokédex!
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Adventure, Role-Playing
Released:
Publisher: Nintendo

Screenshot

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I'm on a mission to get all 151 Pokémon, only using the Mew glitch to get Mew and nothing else.. 🤓

I've only just started (spent literally less than an hour on it), but I'll try and keep you updated of my progress.

JoyFreak

FREAK
Threads
Reaction score
Literally, throwback! Omg, miss those days when I would lock myself in the bathroom at stupid o'clock on a school night. LOl.

Lee

Threads
Reaction score
I loved this game. I spent so many hours on my Game Boy during my childhood, good memories. I need to buy one now though ;)

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
I loved this game. I spent so many hours on my Game Boy during my childhood, good memories. I need to buy one now though ;)
I'm playing it via an emulator on my phone (My OldBoy!), and it's pretty much flawless.

5:45 played so far, 18 in my pokédex.
Current lineup: Abra (L7), Pikachu (L17), Pidgey (L17), Butterfree (L20), Rattata (L21)

• Love
Reactions: Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Makes me want to dig out my classic Gameboy again (god knows where it is). :love:

I had pokemon blue, and even bought the wire that allowed you to trade. Luckily my best friend at the time had pokemon red so it worked out pretty well.

Lee

Threads
Reaction score
I'm playing it via an emulator on my phone (My OldBoy!), and it's pretty much flawless.

5:45 played so far, 18 in my pokédex.
Current lineup: Abra (L7), Pikachu (L17), Pidgey (L17), Butterfree (L20), Rattata (L21)
I have my oldboy on my phone too. Nothing like playing on an old school Gameboy though.

JoyFreak

FREAK
Threads
Reaction score
Holy cow! Gameboy, take me back to my childhood! I miss the Pokemon series I used to play when I was younger. I am planning to buy the 3DS just for the pokemon games! So many memories!

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
Jesus, seeing this in the thread index bought back my kiddo feels haha. I used to play this religiously, even way into the 'noughties. To be fair, I still fire up the emulator every now and then for a good Pokemon session. After seeing Detective Pikachu (for the second time) this weekend, and now this; I think life is giving me the signals that I really need to up my Pokemon game and get back on the train.

Game information provided by TheGamesDB