• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Plans for the summer?

Currently reading:
Plans for the summer?

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
Forums inevitably go through a quiet spell during the summer weeks, what are your plans? Does anyone have any holidays, family visits, or day trips planned - or do you simply intend on catching up on those tv shows, movies, video games, or books that you've been unable to get around to lately?

We're kinda strapped for cash, so holidays are pretty much out. We've got a family visit to Cornwall organised in September, as well as a couple of weddings to attend around a similar time. We'll most likely do a few day trips to zoos or something to break things up a bit, and arrange a couple more family visits. Otherwise it's pretty much business as usual for us sadly, as we're both working throughout the summer and our daughter is still attending nursery.

Threads
Media
Reaction score
I've got a trip prepped for upcoming August to visit my boyfriend. We're in a long distance relationship that started online, and I haven't physically seen him since last June, so I'm notably looking forward to it... Especially since I'll be there for his birthday this time!

Other than that, things will actually be busier at work than they have been most of the year. We have some notable (secret) projects at the magazine, so I have lots of writing and editing, amongst other things, to look forward to when I get back home! xD

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Threads
Reaction score
We're in a long distance relationship that started online, and I haven't physically seen him since last June
How do these long distance relationships work?

I'm off Euro camping in France again with the kids. Hardly relaxing but it's good family fun and gets away from the hum drum of everyday life.

Threads
Media
Reaction score
I think it depends on the people involved. My boyfriend and I are both generally introverts that don't leave the house that often. We met over a common interest and, though I no longer partake at this time, we're still communicating when we can and generally just share time together online as we would want to offline. Still, there's something special about getting to see him in person every day for a period of time that is very nice. ^^

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
I'm off Euro camping in France again with the kids. Hardly relaxing but it's good family fun and gets away from the hum drum of everyday life.
Like you say, it may not be relaxing but it's good family time and hopefully you'll be making fond memories of a beautiful country.

I loved driving through France to get to Le Mans - I'd only ever been to Paris previously so missed a lot of the countryside.

I think it depends on the people involved. My boyfriend and I are both generally introverts that don't leave the house that often. We met over a common interest and, though I no longer partake at this time, we're still communicating when we can and generally just share time together online as we would want to offline. Still, there's something special about getting to see him in person every day for a period of time that is very nice. ^^
Good luck to you. I've been in a long distance relationship previously and it was really tough. Never again..

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
I'm stuck in the throes of buying a house it seems! I got denied last time I looked so this was unexpected turn of events really but got accepted for a mortgage, the house we wanted accepted our offer and so it begins! Hopefully by November I'll be on the ladder at last!