• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Pay-Per-Post VPS or Hosting?

Currently reading:
Pay-Per-Post VPS or Hosting?

Threads
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested? Anyway, a problem comes when the qualifications for the posts are too weird. You make a bunch of good posts and then they, "They aren't good enough." or some other weird red-tape thing.

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Threads
Reaction score
What is pay per post VPS?

Threads
Reaction score
I think he means where you post on a site and they give you a free VPS hosting for your posting. I was saw a site like this. Looked very professional and well made it was called freevps.us which is probably still online though I haven't checked. Also I wouldn't do it but I'm sure many others would.

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
It's not a specific pay to host system but I'm on a forum which offers a variety of services in exchange for its virtual currency. And at the moment, I'm using that to host two of my sites.

Threads
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
It's not a specific pay to host system but I'm on a forum which offers a variety of services in exchange for its virtual currency. And at the moment, I'm using that to host two of my sites.
What's the name?

I think he means where you post on a site and they give you a free VPS hosting for your posting. I was saw a site like this. Looked very professional and well made it was called freevps.us which is probably still online though I haven't checked. Also I wouldn't do it but I'm sure many others would.
It looks like an effective way to get posts - and maybe cheaper than paying people. I mean, look at all the posts there now!

Threads
Reaction score
Depends..

How are you getting the VPS? Do you have a datacenter with your own computers set up for hosting or are you renting to resell (for posts)? I think this is important information to give when setting up your own hosting business. I guess most people leave this out.

I might not be interested because I would rather pay to host my most important websites.

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
@TheJason It's just Forum Promotion. They have an "official service" where they are partnered with USHost247 and offer hosting in exchange for FP$

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I think it'll be a while before Nerdface requires a VPS. I'm paying a low monthly fee for basic shared hosting right now which seems more than adequate.

@TheJason It's just Forum Promotion. They have an "official service" where they are partnered with USHost247 and offer hosting in exchange for FP$
I wonder if they still offer this with the new host? Or is it just FP that has moved, and this service is still with USHost247?