• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Dead Space

Dead Space
Dead Space from EA is sure to please any action-adventure gamer looking for a bloody battle against deadly aliens. Dead Space begins when a massive mining ship, the USG Ishimura, comes in contact with a mysterious alien artifact and suddenly loses its communications with Earth. Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura's communications, but arrives to find a floating vessel that has become a complete bloodbath. The crew is mutilated and infected with an ancient alien scourge. Clarke's repair mission is transformed to one of survival as he fights to save himself and return the artifact to the planet at any cost.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Electronic Arts

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
  • Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
I thought it was about time I played this, since it's been in my backlog forever and I've heard really good things about it.. Although you can almost guarantee now that I've started it, EA will give it the remaster treatment on PS4 or PS5.. 😅

I haven't played much of it yet simply due to time constraints, but even the beginning moments of the game are really quite gripping! I must confess that I'm doing my first playthrough on Easy mode.. Primarily because I don't want difficulty to give me an excuse not to continue playing!

Any thoughts, tips, comments about the game or its sequels?

I've played and completed the first two games, didn't bother with 3 or any of the side games.

My biggest takeaway from Dead Space after all the years is not the gunplay, not the atmosphere, not the creepy monsters.. but Isaac's stomp. The best stomp in gaming.

"URRRRRGGGG!!!!"

Jeez man relax a little!

Seriously though, the first Dead Space is a bit of a slow burn because of how you start with basically nothing, but it gets really good and the sequel is an amazing game throughout. I'm about to start Dead Space 2 after a long hiatus.

Last edited:
So it has been announced today that Dead Space is getting a full-on remake for PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC.

It's rumoured to be coming in 2023, so whatever it is it's really early at this stage but it's EA - they'll have an engine, a framework, loads of assets and a talented team... So HOPEFULLY it'll be a good product when it comes out.

Official Teaser Trailer:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I heard about that alright, I own this and enjoyed the couple hours I played but I got distracted and never finished it. I reckon I'll pick the remake up when it comes out and (hopefully) actually finish it :D

Sod's law, and I even called it! If only I'd have held on another few months! 😖 Although if this is a full-on remake rather than a remaster.. I suppose I can still play both, but I have got a thing against playing the same game for multiple trophy lists (eg. regional).

..and I still didn't go back to it after my initial post. That's it, after Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, this is going to be my next playthrough come hell or high water.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back