• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Final Fantasy 7 Polygon Figures

• Smokey
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
With the release of the FF7 remake on PS4 a way back, Square Enix also showcased some retro-looking statuettes which could be pre-ordered. My partner ordered these for me as an additional birthday gift back in June, and they only just arrived today.

They're in extremely limited supply, particularly in the US.. But we managed to get hold of some. Apparently thy were designed directly using the model data from the original FF7 code. They're slightly smaller than I expected, but they feel really solid, have a bit of weight to them and are really nicely painted. So from a construction point of view these are pretty amazing. They don't have articulation, but a few of the joints are rubbery, so they can be moved very very slightly.

image0.jpeg

They appear to be designed to be sold as a 'blind bag' item - where you'll buy one but you'll have no idea what's in them. A few people who pre-ordered these also speculated whether they would get a selection or they could end up with 5 of one character. The good news is you get one of each - and an extra one. I have two Clouds. Apparently there's a rare chance I could have gotten a 'Cloud in a Dress' version...

... Im good. :ROFLMAO:

So yeah if anyone in the UK wants a tiny Cloud... I can send it. If you're into that sort of thing.. ;)

They look pretty cool to be fair! I'd say the use of model data appears to be pretty accurate, they look almost as if they've been lifted straight out of the original game. How big *are* they?

I'd love a tiny Cloud.. Final Fantasy VII is one of my favourite games, and I have an original PlayStation console that it can stand near to :cool:

I would say they are about 2 inches tall... sorry for the potato quality, quick iPad snap.

image.jpg

And sure, I can send it your way if you'd like !

Cloud's new home.. 😎 He finishes the setup quite nicely!

cloud.jpg

I got a box set of the figures a few years back for like $40 on ebay. The box was slightly damaged but it's basically just a show piece. I never opened it and it's still sealed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back