• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Value of PS2 games?

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
When did the value of PS2 games increase so dramatically? ..or has it just been a gradual thing? 🤔

I feel like I held on to my collection for years, but ended up getting rid of the majority because there were just no value in them and I'd repurchased the majority as HD remasters on newer consoles.. Now that I've returned to do a bit of retro gaming, it seems like many of the games I want to play are extortionate in price! Silent Hill 4: The Room is selling for around £30 for example - and it's not even one of the better Silent Hill games!

Some of the rarer titles are selling for more than a PS5.. @apathy already mentioned Rule of Rose, that's going for crazy money! :cross_eyed:

..so that being said, if anyone feels like selling some PS2 games for a more reasonable price - let me know! 😅

Pretty much all retro game prices have skyrocketed since COVID, but there are a bunch of PS2 games which have always held a high price.. and they're often really mundane titles such as the Futurama game and an awful Garfield platformer.

I would hang on to whatever you have.. as you just never know what they might be worth! Just be careful with the phenomenon known as disc rot... Eventually the discs can deteriorate... some faster than others (I think it depends on how they designed the top layer of the disc) so if you do have an expensive game.. Keep those discs perfect and protected!

Im a Nintendo collector so I don't really have many PS2 games.. although I do have a handful. None are considered expensive as of yet though sadly!

I had no idea that the value of PS2 games has gone up! My daughter has a box of them but I forget which ones she used to play. I'm pretty sure they were more for younger kids than adults though.

Yeah this has really been tormenting me lately, and it's not just PS2 stuff either as jamesyfx pointed out. Right now Revelations: Persona on the PS1 is going between $300-450 on ebay, which is killing me because it was only about $100 for years and I never bothered to pick it up.

I'm really hoping all of these prices start to deflate again soon. On one hand I could sell my whole Megaten collection right now and probably make about €2500-3000 but I'd never part with it so instead I'm just faced with the reality of it not being worth adding new items to, hopefully just for the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back