• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Health Man flu

Currently reading:
Health Man flu

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Threads
Reaction score
Does anyone other male on here suffer from this dreaded virus? I have a simple cold and it really puts my day out. I'm irritated, lazy and can't be bothered doing anything. I left work early because I felt rotten. Haha, I might be taking this whole man flu thing a bit too far! :hot:

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
As mentioned in my recent blog entry, it feels like I'm susceptible to every cold virus that goes around.. I've always been the same though, apart from years where I've had a flu jab. I know it isn't supposed to do anything to stop the common cold, but it just felt like it gave my immune system that extra boost to fight it. If I'm offered it this year I'll be taking it..

Thankfully I'm pretty much over my latest cold, but it took a good couple of weeks to recover from!

Threads
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I haven't even had so much as a headache but a couple times recently and the last before that wasn't since I was 16 years old. I haven't been sick or had a cold since I was 16 either. That's almost 13 years without even having a cold. Sounds like a lie but it's true. Not sure if it's my immune system being better than some peoples. I tend to have a really good immune system. But when I was 16 or under I used to get the flu and sick all the time and remember several occasions where I was very sick. Not sure what happened to me after I past that age but something must have as I haven't been sick since. I'm turning 29 this year

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Threads
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
That's almost 13 years without even having a cold.
Are you human? :ROFLMAO:

I think the change in season's doesn't help. I always seem to get one when the winter changes to summer and vice versa.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite. I haven't even had so much as a headache but a couple times recently and the last before that wasn't since I was 16 years old. I haven't been sick or had a cold since I was 16 either. That's almost 13 years without even having a cold. Sounds like a lie but it's true. Not sure if it's my immune system being better than some peoples. I tend to have a really good immune system. But when I was 16 or under I used to get the flu and sick all the time and remember several occasions where I was very sick. Not sure what happened to me after I past that age but something must have as I haven't been sick since. I'm turning 29 this year
I wish I knew your secret(s)! I used to suffer with headaches and migraines quite a lot in my teenage years, not so much anymore but I do still get them.

Going almost 13 years without having a cold sounds to be almost impossible to me! At the very least, even when I've had flu jabs, I have one every year.

Threads
Reaction score
I wish I knew your secret(s)! I used to suffer with headaches and migraines quite a lot in my teenage years, not so much anymore but I do still get them.

Going almost 13 years without having a cold sounds to be almost impossible to me! At the very least, even when I've had flu jabs, I have one every year.
It sounds almost impossible to me as well so I have no idea how it has happened but I'm definitely telling the truth. It may be possible my immune system under went some type of huge change sometime into my adult years. I could never explain it. I still feel bad just about every day but it's far from the common cold or flu type sickness. It's usually the same thing I've had to deal with for years, that's starting to go away as of recent but still has not gone away yet, where I day dream. I told you about how I day dream in another thread. And yes more or less I have an illness that causes me to dream while I'm awake and I don't always feel very good. It's possible my genes were mutated somehow which I am still eager to learn what happened to the fullest extent however on the plus side the illness I do currently have is close to leaving me. I'm excited to finally be able to see things normal again.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
Would you believe I'm starting with another cold?! :swearing: My last was little more than a month ago, I mean.. seriously?

--EDIT--
Thankfully it just seemed to be a bit of random hayfever. Which is weird, because normally I don't suffer with it!

Last edited:

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
I know I'm ever-so-slightly gravedigging this one but the man flu has hit Coventry it seems as I'm starting to heavily come down with something anyway. Noticed this week my eyes are hurting a hell of a lot more (thanks for the hayfever on top Jesus, you're a righteous fella) but alongside that I've got my normal flu symptoms and I just want to spend every minute in bed. I spent 50% of workday yesterday just staring at the PC waiting for the day to end because I was incapable of doing anything else lol.