• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

The Exorcist

• apathy
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
The Exorcist
Title: The Exorcist

Tagline: Something almost beyond comprehension is happening to a girl on this street, in this house… and a man has been sent for as a last resort. This man is The Exorcist.

Genre: Horror

Director: William Friedkin

Cast: Ellen Burstyn, Linda Blair, Max von Sydow, Lee J. Cobb, Kitty Winn, Jack MacGowran, Jason Miller, William O'Malley, Barton Heyman, Peter Masterson, Rudolf Schündler, Gina Petrushka, Robert Symonds, Arthur Storch, Thomas Bermingham, Vasiliki Maliaros, Titos Vandis, John Mahon, Wallace Rooney, Ron Faber, Donna Mitchell, Roy Cooper, Robert Gerringer, Mercedes McCambridge, Paul Bateson, Elinore Blair, William Peter Blatty, Mary Boylan, Dick Callinan, Mason Curry, Toni Darnay, Eileen Dietz, Joanne Dusseau, Bernard Eismann, Beatrice Hunter, Yvonne Jones, Don LaBonte, Barton Lane, Ann Miles, John Nicola, Vincent Russell, Gerard F. Yates

Release: 1973-05-31

Runtime: 122

Plot: 12-year-old Regan MacNeil begins to adapt an explicit new personality as strange events befall the local area of Georgetown. Her mother becomes torn between science and superstition in a desperate bid to save her daughter, and ultimately turns to her last hope: Father Damien Karras, a troubled priest who is struggling with his own faith.
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I've never watched the film because I was brought up being told that I shouldn't.. and I don't like scary films.

I seem to recall part of the reason was that when it showed in the cinema, people were basically running out claiming to have been possessed.. 😈

I've seen it a couple times but it's been well over 10 years now since the last time I saw it. It's pretty good overall, I don't remember finding it particularly scary but that's probably a given for someone born in the 90s watching a 70s horror.

I do find that pretty much every big horror movie that comes out has stories about people running out of the cinema or claiming to be possessed etc, Paranormal Activity and Annabelle all had similar stories in the media.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back