• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

An unexpected horror

• Lammchen
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
As mentioned in my most recent profile post, I plan on going through my entire collection of Resident Evil games again.. Some I've finished, some I haven't, and others I've not even loaded up! It seems logical to tackle this in order, so I'm starting with Resident Evil: Director's Cut.

I made a start on this last night, but within the first 5 minutes something immediately felt off - but it's been a while so perhaps I was imagining it and I tried to play through. Then it dawned on me, the soundtrack was completely different (and much worse)! Having investigated, the DualShock edition introduced a completely new soundtrack for no apparent reason at all..

Think I'm exaggerating how awful it is? Here's some highlights for you!
Needless to say, I've deleted the DualShock edition from my collection and have gone back to the standard Director's Cut.. 😅

Oh yes that is such a musical downgrade. Why on earth would they do that and make it so much worse?

Links were dead, so I've updated them.. :nerd_pc:

Oh wow, why would the change the music? Music really makes it what it is! I listened to the samples in the OP and the originals sound more suspenseful while the new versions have a "cute" feel to them. Is it because they're trying to go for a younger audience and that attracts them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back