• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

✔️ Completed New database layout?

This suggestion has been implemented or fixed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
I've been playing around with a potential new layout for the Survival horror "database" forums:

1628259214570.png

I've only rolled it out to the Television section so far to gather any feedback before pushing it out to the Gaming and Cinema sections.. I'm unsure whether to go with this as something "unique", or cut it down further to something similar to what has been done elsewhere (eg. Idle Chatter by @Gemma).

Let me know what you think 🧐

Indeed, condensing the poster info as much as possible seems to be a good move, turns out a lot of that info was just unnecessary in the database boards (I do still think it has a place in the general ones though).

I think having the date displayed as you do should eliminate confusion about remakes etc in most cases, but there are likely some outliers which could warrant the "Creator" field displaying also? It's not something I would worry about right now however.

I did play around with fields to show/hide, whilst trying to avoid it feeling overly text-y.

I'll have another play with it this evening though, appreciate the feedback!

I did play around with fields to show/hide, whilst trying to avoid it feeling overly text-y.

I'll have another play with it this evening though, appreciate the feedback!
Slightly adjusted the thread title size in the database sections only, and the height of each cell for better alignment. Now pushed out to the Gaming and Cinema sections also.. 🤓

I like it and I feel like it's a lot better than the previous layout. It's a lot clearer to see each item and we don't have to waste too much time scrolling down the page to see the other options.

Much neater. I always like a better browsing experience. :)

Be better if all showed the list alphabetically instead of default if that's doable?

Be better if all showed the list alphabetically instead of default if that's doable?
I've actually already looked into doing this, but haven't been able to do so yet.

This thread has been automatically closed as there has been no further activity relating to this suggestion or feedback after 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Register
Back