• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

How does England compare to Japan?

Currently reading:
How does England compare to Japan?

Threads
Reaction score
I've known several English people from my stay in South Korea. Anyway, on some visa runs I would go to Japan. It seems like Japan would be a lot like England - as it's a monarchy, isolated island (from invasion), long history of knights - stuff like that, conservative culture, the fact people drive on the OTHER side of the road, as compared to Americans.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I have a friend who emigrated to Japan several years ago to escape his debts, and he met his now wife out there.

They came back to the UK for a short stint quite recently, but they struggled to get his wife a visa. The application itself was about £10,000 with no guarantee it would be accepted.. In the end they gave up and went back to Japan, as he's quite successful doing what he does out there (some kind of recruitment company).

I know the law is much more strict out there, especially concerning drugs.. He hasn't really said much more than that!

Threads
Reaction score
I'm out there in November, so I'll report back ;)

Not on the drugs! The culture. Just to clarify.