• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Returnal (First 20 minutes of Gameplay)

• Lee
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Picked up Returnal as it's release date coincided with my payday!

Its one of the first actual PS5 exclusive games, and it's a roguelike similar to The Binding of Isaac with Metroid elements.. but unlike those kinds of games it's a AAA title with a main plot thread which carries through.

Like all roguelikes, the world is regenerated each time you die and you always start over. You're meant to die often but you get to keep certain upgrades when you come back.

I recorded the first 20 minutes of my first play through, so you're getting everything from the minute you get control of the character to when I decided to end the recording.. 😜

As it's an extremely early gameplay video, the character is as weak as they can be and many upgrades, weapons and fancy abilities are not unlocked.

The tone is pretty cool, it's frightening at times and some really weird things start to happen a bit later on which surprised me!

I'm enjoying the game but it does demand concentration...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks interesting for sure. I struggle with my attention when playing games these days, children have dumbed be down a bit I think.

Resident evil 7 is probably the only game i've played to completion in recent years, and that took me a week.

:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back