• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

What Phone do you have?

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Since the smartphone is now classed as an essential item like your house keys or your wallet/purse, and they pretty much do anything you can imagine.... Whats your daily driver?

Do you have more than one?

And is your current phone the best one you've ever had in your opinion?

So I use an iPhone XS - It does everything I need, the screen is nice and bright and the battery life is nice.

It's not the best phone I've had, that wold be the iPhone 7. That was just the perfect model, and I should have probably kept it in hindsight - the performance would still be good enough.

I don't have any affinity towards Apple or Android, I tend to hop from one to the other.. but I think once you're deep enough in the Apple ecosystem it's not worth trying to migrate.

I'm still sporting a Samsung Galaxy S9. I've had it for about 3 years now, but it's starting to show signs of wear and abuse (I've dropped it a few times).

The battery life isn't great, but it's ok I guess. I only really use it for light web browsing, WhatsApp, and occasionally Discord - I don't really play mobile games.

I was going to pick up something to replace it on Black Friday, but I've ended up buying a new TV and a new PC instead 😅

I don't have any affinity towards Apple
You could have fooled me.. 😉

I've got a Galaxy S7 I'm dragging the life out of with a custom ROM (can't remember if its hyper or havoc lol) and undervolts set in MTweaks. I ordered an Fxtec Pro1 in February but it's still yet to even be made let alone arrive, lol. I know COVID is causing problems for a lot of these companies but people were complaining about how long these phones take to make even before the pandemic, so I am starting to get a little bit annoyed. But, the S7 is still working fine, so I try just forget I even ordered it, and it'll eventually show up on my door one day and surprise me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 at the moment which I really like. There are a few problems here and there which are slightly annoying but overall, it's a pretty good phone. It helps a lot that I managed to get a huge discount on it at release so no major complaints from me.

I'm half tempted to pick up a cheap Chinese phone such as an Xiaomi.. I was looking at a Mi 10T Pro 5G for £399 but unfortunately missed out and it went back up in price.

Does anyone have any experience with them, or a similar company? They seem to come pretty well recommended and unlike Huawei, have full access to the Google Play store. Or would you recommend sticking with the main brands (ie. Samsung)?

--EDIT--
Scratch that, the price just dropped again on the Xiaomi so I've bitten the bullet! :see_no_evil_face:

I have experience with Xiaomi in general, but not with their phones.

Their stuff is good quality - you can't really go wrong if you're on a budget. They're quite an innovative company as well, unlike Samsung.

I have a Samsung Note 10 and I wouldn't use anything else right now. The phone has absolutely no issues to note and is a pleasure to use each time I pick it up.

I was recently given the new iPhone 11 from my mom. Was using the iPhone 5 almost my whole life and finally was given an improvement.

There is a guy I work with who has an iPhone 5 and it is always switching itself off randomly on him. Keep tellin the guy he needs an upgrade!

There is a guy I work with who has an iPhone 5 and it is always switching itself off randomly on him. Keep tellin the guy he needs an upgrade!
..or get a new battery, but given how old the phone is and how much it would cost - yeah, upgrade :uniglasses:

I'm currently using the oppo find x2 pro.

It's certainly been an awesome experience and beats Samsung hands down. I moved from Apple 5 years ago to Samsung and end of last year I decided to try this phone out and I'm currently very happy with it so far.

So.. a couple months in with the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro 5G and I have a few bugbears with it.. 😒

Chrome browser becomes unresponsive at random, and requires force closing and restarting (I've swapped to the Mi Browser, but that lacks a couple of features). Silent mode is pure silence, the vibrate function is also deactivated (it's possible this can be changed in the settings, I need to have a play). It's quite a large phone, one-handed use is pretty difficult! The built-in Cleaner app reports quite a large amount of memory that it can save on a weekly basis, which is good but it makes me question how efficient the phone is in the first place.

Moved over to Apple a little while back after being on Android for a long time. I have the iPhone 13 Pro and it's quite nice. There are a few things that it definitely does better than Android. I do miss being able to sideload apps easily though.

Nice!

I've actually switched to a Samsung S22 Ultra. It is a beast of a device.. I mainly got it as I was bored of the notch on the iPhone. I don't see it as a good thing, seems odd to me that they're still sticking with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back