• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to register an account to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, registration is free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Currently reading:
Game of Thrones

4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Game of Thrones

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2011-04-17

Creator: David Benioff, D. B. Weiss

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Conleth Hill, Alfie Allen, Iain Glen, Aidan Gillen

Overview: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Friction between the houses leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Myself and @Andy were late coming onto the Game of Thrones band waggon, mainly because everyone kept hyping it up that much we were too stubborn to watch it.

After finally giving in though, it's easy to see why everyone is so interested. There's lots of drama, lots of great characters and lots of boobs...

Based on the best selling novels, it's great to see lots of well thought out characters (my personal favourite being Tyrion Lannister) and story lines. My only grumbles though would be that I feel there are too many story lines going off at once, the series can feel a bit jumpy at times whilst they struggle to keep on top of each one.

My only other minor gripe is that as the seasons have gone on, the number of episodes are getting fewer. Personally, I'd prefer more episodes and shorter running times rather than the other way round. It gives people more discussion time and means I'm not having to stay up until silly o'clock watching one episode (it's impossible to miss watching an episode when it's on without plots being spoilt on social media).

I'll be gutted though when the final season is over, it'll be a long time before a show this insane will be back on our screens.

Think I got a few episodes into season 2 and got bored. Might give it another try.
You got bored!? o_O

I am surprised because it is one of the best series right now. I am looking forward to season 8. It's coming out on my birth month next year! Perfect gift *_*

Andy

Bazinga!
Fans of the show have probably already seen this, but there's a trailer for the final season..

I'm currently wondering whether to try and cram in the previous seasons again to get reacquainted with it all.

Can't wait for the new season to come out. I've been thinking of watching it again as well although I'm not sure if I will be able to make it from the beginning unless I can binge a few episodes every day. Might just re-watch the last 2 seasons.

Andy

Bazinga!
Can't wait for the new season to come out. I've been thinking of watching it again as well although I'm not sure if I will be able to make it from the beginning unless I can binge a few episodes every day. Might just re-watch the last 2 seasons.
Well my plan came unstuck when I tried to download the boxsets through Sky, only to find out that my subscription package no longer includes boxsets.. :bleh:

I don't really want to buy them until after the final season is over and you can get the complete series. I guess I could have downloaded them, but I never got around to it and can't imagine having the time to watch them all now.. I may try and do similar and re-watch the last couple of seasons.

After finally giving in though, it's easy to see why everyone is so interested.
I decided to give it a shot when I first heard about it and I do not regret it. I was hooked after the first episode. It was painful going through the week without knowing what happens next and I just couldn't wait for Sunday to come.
There's lots of drama, lots of great characters and lots of boobs...
Don't forget unexpected deaths. This was one of the best parts for me. I like to be surprised. In the early season, it had you guessing but they've been making it a bit more obvious in the recent seasons.

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
One of the best shows on TV and really looking forward to season 8. Season 7 was a belter. I remember the other half watching the first episode and saying it's rubbish, I told her to stick with it once you get past the nudity and now she's love it!

Again, I binge watched a bit (in reference to my post about Billions) and that took something special away from this show. I have to try and get half of season five and all season six is for next Tuesday night! Honestly, I can take it or leave it.

Game of Thrones
Winterfell
Season: 8
Episode: 1
Air date: 2019-04-14

Arriving at Winterfell, Jon and Daenerys struggle to unite a divided North. Jon Snow gets some big news.

How did everyone find the first episode of the new season? I know some people weren't too happy but I guess this episode was needed to get everyone together. The moment with the Umber boy scared the crap out of me. I should have expected it because I saw his eyes open but was not prepared for the sound that came afterwards lol

Milo

I was a little bit disappointed in the return. It just felt like a reunion special with not much action and no sign of the white walkers. At least Bronn got to bed three women until he was rudely interrupted.

Seen them all apart from the new season that came out this month. I gotta wait till it gets released on other networks. But I have the full set and something that I will watch it over and over again. Love it. The book is even good.

Milo

The book is even good.
Yeah, the books are on my list to read. Probably done it the wrong way around like when I watched the Harry Potter movies before reading the books but enjoyable nonetheless.

Milo

They are certainly teasing us with this series. Two episodes in and still no battle although we did get a glimpse of the white walkers at the end of the episode. I have a feeling the battle will start badly, get worse and then something will happen which will turn the tide (possibly linked to Bran). Not sure what yet. Lot's of main character deaths but a few will remain.

Andy

Bazinga!
Wow, I need to do some catching up on this thread.. *deep breath*

I liked the first two episodes of season 8, it was always going to be a slowish start in order to build up the suspense for the war of the dead.. @Milo @Ash @JoyFreak someone at work told me that this was going to be episode 3, before episode 1 had even broadcast. Looks like he was right, I'm not sure what his source was.

The same person told me that there's going to be a lot of deaths, more so than the red wedding, which will also include some main characters. Episode 3 it seems is going to be purely focused on this war, hence the length of it (about 1h 20m). It's going to be fascinating to see who lives, who dies, and who (if anyone) will take the throne.

@Lady Nerdface has done some kind of sweepstake at work which seems like a really good idea. I don't believe that the one I've attached is the exact same one she's done, but it gives you a decent idea..

Again, I binge watched a bit (in reference to my post about Billions) and that took something special away from this show. I have to try and get half of season five and all season six is for next Tuesday night! Honestly, I can take it or leave it.
We binge watched it, and I actually preferred doing so. It meant that we could sometimes watch 2, 3, or more episodes at once as the mood took our fancy, and we didn't have to wait a week to see the next episode (we've only had to do this from season 7 onward).

Come on, get caught up before the end of season 8.. You can do it!

Game of Thrones

Winterfell
Season:
Episode: 1
Air date: 2019-04-14

Arriving at Winterfell, Jon and Daenerys struggle to unite a divided North. Jon Snow gets some big news.
This is the first time I've seen someone use that feature at Nerdface, so kudos to you!

The moment with the Umber boy scared the crap out of me.
We knew something scary was going to happen in the episode (I'm not sure how @Lady Nerdface found out, she probably either saw this post or read something on Facebook or twitter), so I was kinda looking away around this point - I don't like scary things! :LOL: - I did happen to see the moment in question though, and while it could have been worse it was still pretty scary!

Attachments

Last edited:
TV show information provided by The Movie Database

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom