• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Flying with confidence

Currently reading:
Flying with confidence

Threads
Reaction score
Just in case there's anyone here who, like me, has struggled for years with a flying phobia, I can highly recommend BA's flying with Confidence course. Completed mine yesterday and actually managed the flight without panic attacks and looked out of the window for half the flight, a massive achievement for me. It's not cheap but worth every penny.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
So glad you felt the course was worthwhile, and it sounds like you managed to control your fear! Very proud son-in-law :)

Threads
Reaction score
Not afraid of flying in the least bit though I will say it's not something I enjoy doing. Never enjoyed being on an air plane. And I've only been on one twice in my life but don't think I will again unless I really need to get somewhere. There's nothing to be afraid of and the majority of the time your more safe then if you were in a car but I just don't like it. My brother always goes over-seas to Switzerland. I can't imagine flying over the ocean again. I did once I went to Cabo San Lucas. That's mainly the only time I have traveled

Threads
Reaction score
I love flying and airports. Also, I've been across the ocean. Anyway, it's not an easy lifestyle to get into. It's kind of elitist.

JoyFreak

FREAK
Threads
Reaction score
Well done on overcoming your phobia. I was like that when I was younger but a few visits really helped!

MarteeBe

The 'Coventrian'
Threads
Reaction score
For me, I'm not the biggest fan of of the actual flying part but I see it as more of a means to an end really. I do travel a lot (Been to 40 countries, near enough anyway) and I remember some flights I was hella scared. I actually took off out of Moscow (on my way to Tokyo) and there was one hell of a thunderstorm going on. I've no idea why we still decided to take off but we did and it was the scariest (and bumpiest) flight I've ever had for that first 30 minutes. We were being thrown around like no-ones business. Luckily after that though, it was a calm 8 hours to Tokyo!