• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Currently reading:
Fitness Trackers

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone actively uses a fitness tracker, and if so which?

I've had a mixed experience so far with them. A couple of years ago I purchased a Fitbit Surge (which wasn't cheap), and within just a few months the strap started to bubble and come away from the tracker. To be fair to Fitbit, I contacted them via twitter and they promptly sorted out a replacement device for me without needing to send the faulty one back. All was good for about 12 months until I came back to start using it again after a period where I stopped my health kick, and the battery struggled to last 12 hours which is no good for a fitness tracker!

I've decided to start another health kick in January and felt that although I'd had an unsatisfactory experience, the Fitbit did help to motivate me and I was more aware of how many steps I was or wasn't doing in a day. I opted to go with a much cheaper band this time given the previous issues, and I've stumped for a Huawei Band 2 Pro. I haven't really had the opportunity to test it much, but it seems to do much the same (although I preferred the Fitbit app to Huawei Health).

Airo

Game and Web Design
Threads
Reaction score
I just use my phone as a tracker. As I have a Huawei phone, all the health stuff from the Band is already built in without the need for a separate piece of kit, so it works fine with managing step goals, "Diet" etc

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
I started with just my phone, but found it cumbersome to take on runs and such. A band/watch is much more convenient.