• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

A trip down memory lane

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
Looking through some very old backups.. Let's see if anyone remembers these? 😅

bbtitle1.gif bbtitle2.gif logo.gif
banner2.jpg
banner3.jpg
uobutton.gif

I definitely remember the graphic with the circuit board stuff overlay.

gamers.jpg

Also, This^ image takes me back... Somehow. I can't remember even being involved.. But I must have been. What was Gamers Euphoria? :ROFLMAO:

How long was Umbrella Online online for previous? What did your member base reach?

I can't remember even being involved.. But I must have been. What was Gamers Euphoria? :ROFLMAO:
Gamers Euphoria was the project that followed Umbrella Online, intended to compete with Gaming Update where I'd met most of my online friends at the time.. 😬

My memory isn't what it used to be, but like you say you must have been involved. The website header had flash animation *shudder* - I can't remember how long that design lasted, but I much preferred v2.

How long was Umbrella Online online for previous? What did your member base reach?
I don't remember exactly, as it was online for a little while prior to me purchasing the old domain (I'd actually forgotten until I found my backups).. If I had to guess, I reckon 2-4 years.

The last snapshot on the Wayback Machine shows 260 "active" members, 414 "total" members, 1,611 threads, and 27,394 posts. Potentially those numbers may have been slightly higher before it was closed.

Reactions: Lee
Gamers Euphoria was the project that followed Umbrella Online, intended to compete with Gaming Update where I'd met most of my online friends at the time.. 😬

My memory isn't what it used to be, but like you say you must have been involved. The website header had flash animation *shudder* - I can't remember how long that design lasted, but I much preferred v2.

I don't remember exactly, as it was online for a little while prior to me purchasing the old domain (I'd actually forgotten until I found my backups).. If I had to guess, I reckon 2-4 years.

The last snapshot on the Wayback Machine shows 260 "active" members, 414 "total" members, 1,611 threads, and 27,394 posts. Potentially those numbers may have been slightly higher before it was closed.
I went and had a look, but the way back machine is truly terrible. 😂

Looks like you had a good website back then from what I can put together. Full of information and an active community!

I've never been good with maintaining websites and content, I'm much more of a forum person - and I'm only now learning to embrace it.

The community was pretty awesome, there were a fair few active members and we even arranged a couple of meets (the main one being Alton Towers). It was in completely different times, but I hope we can emulate and/or even better it.

It is a different, more difficult online world these days.

I run a forum similar to the one I have now circa 2003 - 2006 which peaked at 15k members, more than a million posts.

I wish I had kept a hold of it, but I handed it over to someone else and they let it die.

Haha! Nice.
I've just a a quick sweep on my laptop. I tend to carry files over to new machines. I've found a load of signature banners and avatars, from back in the day. God only know where I hosted them.

I've been going through some major waves of nostalgia for late 90's/early 00's internet lately, Umbrella Online included! Definitely remember some of the images here!

Interesting images for the site. I was never a member here before they took it down but definitely looks like a great project to relive your glory days. I am extremely excited you have decided to give so much effort to watch it grow and it looks like it has much potential.

It's a lot of hard graft, particularly the Wiki. I've got a sheet that tells me how far along we are to completion and it looks so far away even though we are close to 200 completed pages in the Wiki!

I never intended on reviving the project when it was originally shutdown.. For me, the series went a bit stale and I believed that the only way I could own and operate a large community was to expand into general gaming.. Of course, it never really happened.

How times change! 😁 Sure, I'd love for Umbrella Online to grow - but I'll be content with having an active community.

You could get this site active for the types of topics there are. I might suggest adding a few more sections spread out throughout the site for specified gaming and general chat topics but so far so good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back