• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to sign up to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, sign ups are free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Favourite alcoholic drink?

Currently reading:
Favourite alcoholic drink?

Threads
Reaction score
I was going to ask favourite rum, but not everyone likes it.

Obviously mine is rum (it really is), usually either kraken or captain morgan.

Threads
Reaction score
I love a good red wine (ideally Merlot) or a prosecco.

Beer wise, you can't beat a Belgium beer. Either a Zot or Kwak.

Threads
Reaction score
  • Thread starter Thread starter
Wine tastes like vinegar to me. I don't mind beer but not as keen on belgian stuff, give me an ipa any day.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I'm definitely partial to beer, usually the darker and stronger the better. I've been drinking a few flavoured porters recently too - plum is amazing. I love Belgian beer, such a depth of flavour.

I don't recall drinking rum, I'm more of a whiskey man as a spirit.

Airo

Game and Web Design
Threads
Reaction score
In comes the 14 year old with very little alcohol experience: I liked Corona when I was given the opportunity to have a bottle, but overall every type of alcoholic drink I've tried just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
In comes the 14 year old with very little alcohol experience: I liked Corona when I was given the opportunity to have a bottle, but overall every type of alcoholic drink I've tried just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.
I was much the same to be honest as a teenager. I occasionally had Blue WKD's until about 16 when I started on lager. Don't think I went on to proper ale until I was about 25.. Your taste changes as you get older, now I couldn't imagine having alcopops or most lagers.

Try it and i guarantee you'll love it.
It's Christmas, I just may.. My brother-in-law likes his rum so if he gets any I'll ask to try it.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint @Spack Jarrow, but I still didn't get around to trying any rum (I was never offered!).. :horrified:

Many of my friends have started drinking gin. I've had one or two myself, I find it quite refreshing after a few beers.

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
Anyone having a Guinness this weekend for St. Patrick's day?

I am, it's got to be done.! I might even push the boat out and have two.. :beer:

Threads
Reaction score
For me it's bud light or coors light. Both of which I drink sometimes in the United States. Not too fond of liquor but captain morgan actually isn't that bad. It's fairly decent and Jack Daniels also isn't bad. If I had to choose a liquor though it would be Crown Royal

Andy

Bazinga!
Threads
Media
Reaction score
I'm not particularly a lager fan, but it can be refreshing on a hot summer day.. I'd be more likely to go for a Moretti or something though.

Jack Daniels is terrible on it's own.. There's a reason why people have it with cola. :ret_tongue:

Threads
Reaction score
I'm not particularly a lager fan, but it can be refreshing on a hot summer day.. I'd be more likely to go for a Moretti or something though.

Jack Daniels is terrible on it's own.. There's a reason why people have it with cola. :ret_tongue:
Well of course haha. I wouldn't drink it without a chaser. But I I'm not a fan of lager myself. What's refreshing on a hot summer day in my opinion is an ice cold bud light. That will do the trick. Some of the best beer I've ever had is draft beer at a bar. That stuff is good.