• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to register an account to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, registration is free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Do you trust auto mechanics?

Currently reading:
Do you trust auto mechanics?

Too many scammers where I live. Good thing I found an honest one. Anyway, the industry is so crooked - you have Christian Auto Mechanics.

I don’t trust them.. they will say you need parts changed but probably don’t. They just want the money

You can apply this to anything you don't know about though. My mechanic knew I tinkered with cars and that I could buy parts at trade, and he was ok with me getting my own stuff. I think that's a sign they're a decent mechanic.

Andy

Bazinga!
The only place I've found not to trust is Kwik-Fit. They're a pretty big chain in the UK, but they gave me various advisories once that I wasn't particularly convinced about..

I went to get a second opinion from a local garage who basically told me that everything was fine, and the items mentioned on the advisory notice wouldn't need replacing for at least another year or two. I pretty much always took my car(s) to them following that, until recently. I've since moved and it's much more convenient to take it somewhere more local..

Milo

Ser Bronn Of The Blackwater
Kwik-Fit are a bunch of con-men and always have been. I would find a local garage you can trust and stick with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom