• Hello and thank you for your visit to Nerdface.

You are free to look around and read some of our discussions, but you'll need to register an account to be able to participate and share your opinion.

Don't worry, registration is free and we have a Privacy policy disclosing how your data is used.

Do you think abortion should be illegal?

Currently reading:
Do you think abortion should be illegal?

I've seen a lot of women arguing about this on Twitter. I think somewhere in the US is considering or going to make abortion illegal. I haven't kept up with the news so I'm not sure what's currently going on, but I've seen A LOT of fuss about it on the big T.

Men are saying women should stop spreading their legs to just any and everyone.
Women are saying men are inconsiderate a holes and that they should always use a condom.

I want to know where you stand on the subject. Do you think abortion should be legal or illegal?

Hold my beer...

A woman physically can't get pregnant without sperm, which involves a man. So to me the man should have equal responsibility for contraception when it comes to consented sex.

No one should be judged, man or woman, on the number of partners they have providing they practice safe sex.

There are many reasons why a woman may need an abortion. Rape, birth defects, accidental pregnancies, financial strain, relationship breakdown...

I honestly don't see how in the MAJORITY of cases how a woman having an abortion is a man's business. Obviously there are extreme circumstances where this might be the case.

I just don't see how this is a subject which is up for debate still.

There are many reasons why a woman may need an abortion. Rape, birth defects, accidental pregnancies, financial strain, relationship breakdown...
The birth defects are often not severe enough to justify it. Accidental pregnancy? It sounds like making a life pay for careless behavior.

Anyway, even aside from moral arguments - one side effect of abortion is ethnic imbalance - and since people are by nature sort of evil, racism is a terrible consequence of it.

Abortion should not be illegal. It is a health issue and woman have the right to do with their bodies as they wish.
I highly disagree. I consider abortion basically murder which is exactly what it is. You get knocked up then it's your responsibility to have the baby and in certain cases like rape, it's a sad thing but killing a baby is the same thing as taking another humans life and I'm very disappointed you said this @Matthew it actually kind of makes me angry.

A womans body and a human life are 2 different things. Plus if the man got the woman pregnant and she wants to kill his baby (and the man doesn't want that) then in those cases that's the worst part about it. Because the man then loses his child. It should definitely be illegal.

If you don't want to raise the child you can put it up for adoption but just basically a defenseless infant cannot defend themselves it's still 1st degree murder and anyone who does it should get locked up in prison or the death penalty themselves for murdering another human life

I'm very disappointed you said this @Matthew it actually kind of makes me angry.
I disagree with every single thing you’ve said, and I’m disappointed with what you said.
Post automatically merged:

Plus if the man got the woman pregnant and she wants to kill his baby (and the man doesn't want that) then in those cases that's the worst part about it. Because the man then loses his child. It should definitely be illegal.
It’s easy for you to say that, but you’re not the one that has to carry a baby to term. It’s not just “his” baby. It’s the woman’s baby and if she doesnt want a child, then it’s her right to abort.

I will say this, I don’t agree with abortion when the baby can live outside the womb. That’s the cut off point for me.

You get knocked up then it's your responsibility to have the baby and in certain cases like rape, it's a sad thing but killing a baby is the same thing as taking another humans life
What if someone who is having sex taking all the precautions like condoms and birth control and still get pregnant? They might not be able to afford a baby. All their hopes and dreams will be flown out the window if they have the baby.

And you still think abortion should be illegal in cases of rape? Are fucking kidding me? YOU make me livid.

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed you said this @Matthew it actually kind of makes me angry.
I disagree with every single thing you’ve said, and I’m disappointed with what you said.

Plus if the man got the woman pregnant and she wants to kill his baby (and the man doesn't want that) then in those cases that's the worst part about it. Because the man then loses his child. It should definitely be illegal.
It’s easy for you to say that, but you’re not the one that has to carry a baby to term. It’s not just “his” baby. It’s the woman’s baby and if she doesnt want a child, then it’s her right to abort.

I will say this, I don’t agree with abortion when the baby can live outside the womb. That’s the cut off point for me.

You get knocked up then it's your responsibility to have the baby and in certain cases like rape, it's a sad thing but killing a baby is the same thing as taking another humans life
What if someone who is having sex taking all the precautions like condoms and birth control and still get pregnant? They might not be able to afford a baby. All their hopes and dreams will be flown out the window if they have the baby.

And you still think abortion should be illegal in cases of rape? Are fucking kidding me? YOU make me livid.
If you can't afford the baby. Give it up for ADOPTION. This is like saying so someone failed their exam, now we should kill them...

What your not putting into account is you are killing the baby. It's not so easy when it's human life your literally murdering. I am pro life and I am sorry if you want to murder children. But it seems to me as if that's what your saying. That you don't care if someone kills a child. Does the age really matter? Why? Because the child is too young for you to make out it's human characteristics. The child is still a living breathing human being.

Only God should be able to take a life. Whether it's the womans baby or not. That's crossing the line and your practically playing God. Sorry if you want to take it so far as to say "you make me livid". I was simply sharing my point and view on the matter but many others agree with me just the same as I shared my opinion. What kind of liberal backwash are you feeding into? Crazy...

The abortion thing is just a micro-co-sim of the bigger picture where governments want to play God. And, of course, the logic here is saying - on the lower level - women want to play God - deciding which babies live or die.

Of course, another argument would be saying - if women can kill unborn children - then why not premature babies?

Yeah @Matthew and I had a discussion on discord. We've just decided to agree to disagree in this circumstance. Also @Matthew I wasn't trying to anger you either haha. Was sharing my personal opinion. As I have said many times to different people in the past I respect their/your opinions completely and anyone elses.

Airo

Game and Web Design
I think it should really be on a per-case basis in my opinion. If the woman has been raped and she had no control of the pregnancy, i believe she should have the right to terminate. However, anything such as unplanned pregnancy, birth defects, or anything like that, it is the woman's choice to try and have a child/practice unsafe sex, and so an abortion should be illegal.

I think it should really be on a per-case basis in my opinion. If the woman has been raped and she had no control of the pregnancy, i believe she should have the right to terminate. However, anything such as unplanned pregnancy, birth defects, or anything like that, it is the woman's choice to try and have a child/practice unsafe sex, and so an abortion should be illegal.
I don’t agree with that. If it’s a case by case basis, then there’s nothing stopping the doctors from inflicting their own bias upon the patient. It needs to be legal for everyone.

The term unplanned is basically nice language - for inconvenience based on dumb decisions. Why should the baby pay - with their life? :horrified: Well, there isn't even an argument!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom