• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Series X storage option

• TopSilver
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

TopSilver

Reaction score
Yes you can look this up on the internet. I actually saw a youtube video about this. Apparently old Xbox One titles can be played on the Series X with the old hard drives but for previous titles only. Xbox One titles or previous console generation titles. (for example, hooking your current one up to the Series X will work).

Of course built in storage is good until it runs out for the new generation of titles. You will have to buy an SSD drive as there are several slots if you want to expand next-gen storage. It gets a bit worse. They are actually quite expensive from what I have heard and do not come cheaply. How expensive? I wouldn't think so expensive it would be insane but I have heard much much more costly then hard drives were on the previous console.

Just wanted to let you guys know. The good news is, if you get the 1 TB hard drive version for the Series X, it will take a decent bit to run out of storage for games. This is highly unlikely to happen for a good while. And all you have to do to play your Xbox One titles is plug your old hard drive or storage option in.

Trouble is, they're not just SSDs - they're NVMe drives which is still quite a new technology and therefore quite expensive.

Thankfully the Xbox One / PS4 support only requires a standard SSD or even a HDD (but will benefit from better loading times with an SSD).. Not a bad option even if only to put older games on them so you can free up the internal NVMe storage for those next-gen titles.

Yeah @Oblivion Knight it's not a bad option at all considering how many people will be playing Xbox One titles on the new Series X. I intend to play my older games on it too. Until enough new titles release, it will not be a big deal and most people will do just fine with their internal storage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back