• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Brand loyalty?

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
Whether it's clothing, food, gadgets, or even the shops themselves.. Brands are everywhere!

Do you have any favourites that you tend to stay loyal to? For what reason(s)? Have you gone against a favourite and regretted it?

I don't particularly have any favourites, or loyalty toward a brand.. A few years ago I might have said Samsung, but recently I've been buying alternatives and have been pretty satisfied. I'm not particularly fashion conscious branding wise, so long as it looks good on me. Food - it just needs to taste good!

I guess the main loyalty you could say I have is with supermarkets (kinda boring I know 🥱).. I prefer Tesco over the likes of ASDA, Morrisons, and Sainsbury's. I don't mind the occasional bits from Aldi or Lidl, but I still wouldn't say that you could do a 'full' shop there - there's often some things you just can't get in those shops.

I have a few brands that I would choose before others and recommend to others.. across all sectors. I'll just list a few in the order they come into my head..

Clothing: Hugo Boss
Fragrance: Joop
TV: Sony
Games Console: Nintendo
PC Hardware (in general): ASUS
Audio: Klipsch
Guitar: Gibson
Amplifier: Blackstar
Furniture: IKEA

I wouldn't say I am fiercely loyal to any of the above as they have all done things which I haven't liked, but I would say in general you should expect a top quality product which is better than what most of their competitors do.

For occasions where they are say only two or three choices for products such as a smartphone or tablet, where it's between iOS and Android - both have their advantages and disadvantages. While iOS is my daily driver phone, Android powers a hell of a lot of other important stuff in my life such as my TV and numerous other devices.

I used to be a very brand loyal person, but these days I've sort of moved beyond that. I was a hardcore Samsung phone guy, now I'm branching away from that, I was an Intel guy, now I'm happier with AMD but will still use Intel if it's available. I used Drakkar fragrance for years, now...whatever's affordable and smells decent. So on and so forth. Brand loyalty only gets the brand a bit more money, so I'm willing to explore and find what I like. There are some brands I don't use, at all, Apple being the biggest one, but for the most part I'm open to anything.

I have favourites but I wouldn't say I'm completely loyal to one brand. In terms of clothing, I would say, Ralph Lauren. Gaming would be Sony. Perfume would be Dior. Audio would be Sony normally although I am currently using Samsung Galaxy Buds.

Not really but I guess there are some instances you'd say I would. I started building PCs when Sandybridge/Bulldozer were new so Intel always seemed like a no brainer at the time - at the moment though, I'll opt for an AMD chip, though really idk if that's brand loyalism or just knowing what suits me best.

With motherboards though,I kinda would be brand loyalist yeah. I'll always go for ASUS because the majority of the machines I've built used ASUS boards and worked great, but the ONE time I decided to try out another brand I got the MSI x570 GPC which was one of the worst pieces of hardware I ever used - replaced it with the ASUS x570 TUF and it solved all my issues, so the ASUS boards really do just seem like a safe choice for me.

I like the Toshiba brands of laptops because they last far much longer but recently bought an HP laptop computer and it's been an interesting addition to my household. I hope it last long because it's a bit slower then the Toshiba I had but only time will tell.

Toshiba laptops are pretty boring and haven't changed much over the years apart from the internals.. but they're pretty reliable. HP certainly aren't as reliable as they used to be, but their kit does look nice and modern (we recently bought a few 255 G7's at work).

There are some brands I don't use, at all, Apple being the biggest one
Have to agree, really dislike Apple these days - I used to love my iPod Classic though.

I appreciate old 2000-era Apple products, like the iPod Mini, the G-series Apple computers and things like that. That was when the innovation really happened... and the quality and longevity was there.

Plus a lot of these things were meant to be opened up. Like the G4 Cube (which I own) ... You literally turn the thing upside down, press on a thing and a handle pops out.. then all the guts of the PC just comes out in one pull. It's awesome. Practically the thing is pretty useless these days apart from retro gaming. It does have Wifi but doesn't support any modern network with a password on. I've used Powerline on it before but it's a faff.. Plus most websites now use https which again it doesn't support. I've thought about replacing everything inside with PC parts but I doubt it would all fit!

626725B1-57ED-479B-A85F-6F64A1740299.jpeg
Apple would NOT allow this these days!

I still have an iPod Mini.. and it still works dammit. It's a pleasure. I agree that the Apple of today is a little rotten.. with fake 'innovation' that is not really new.

I can think of a few things that I would go to a certain brand for, but I don't really have *many* favourites.

I would user Burger King for fast food and Xbox for gaming.

I have recently obtained a mac book air which I am really enjoying, but I agree there isn't much innovation any more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back