• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Why is Code: Veronica being skipped?

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
It is widely rumored that Resident Evil 4 will be the next title to receive the remake treatment.. Normally I'd dismiss it as hearsay until confirmed by Capcom, but it has also been reported to be the case by "Dusk Golem" who is known to be well-connected in the games industry, particularly so with horror games. He's previously leaked details about the Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 remakes which have proven to be accurate.

In chronological order of release dates and timelines, Code: Veronica should have been the next game to receive a remake but it appears that Capcom have opted to skip it for now, at least. It begs the question why? Code: Veronica sold pretty well, and was well received by fans.. Resident Evil 4 wasn't exactly a *huge* success either :unsure:

Hopefully, it's something they'll go back to if it is skipped.. I quite liked Code: Veronica too, even though I've only finished it once or twice.

It's a real shame if they do indeed skip it, just makes me take the remakes less seriously if they're not gonna give appropriate credit to games like Code Veronica. It's fully deserving of a remake and should get one over RE4 at this present time, I dunno what else they can do with RE4 except update the graphics, the gameplay mechanics of the game is what drove newer games like 5 and 6 and the Resident Evil 2 & 3 remakes with the over the shoulder aiming.

I think it's too soon for a remake of Resident Evil 4, I wouldn't buy it, I prefer playing the game on my Wii and I don't think they can match the fun I have using the Wiimote for the game either. You can probably tell I'm a massive fan of Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles. :v

Code Veronica follows Claire's story from Resident Evil 2, it's shocking they'd be willing to skip straight over and give us Leon's sequel in Resident Evil 4 first.

Capcom may have forgotten about Code: Veronica, but the fans haven't! A playable demo for an unofficial remake has surfaced.. 😁

I'm definitely going to have to check this out later. It'll be interesting to see what Capcom makes of it too..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice, I really love seeing the fruits of passionate fans labor - always really cool to see fan games/remasters/translations/etc.
I'm not sure how Capcom typically approaches these kinds of things but let's hope they're not another Nintendo

Very nice, I really love seeing the fruits of passionate fans labor - always really cool to see fan games/remasters/translations/etc.
I'm not sure how Capcom typically approaches these kinds of things but let's hope they're not another Nintendo
They seemed pretty relaxed about Resident Evil 1.5 to be fair - I think so long as they don't try to make money from it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back